It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:39:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 22:19:37 

Hi All. I've been practising my 450l in stability normal but decided to change to scale. When I changed via the Bluetooth and a mobile the tail would not hold even when I pushed the gyro up to -90%. In normal I had it fine at -60% but I'm not sure what is happening in scale stability and why it won't hold solid. Can anyone assist maybe. Am I going up the wrong way should it be lower than -60.
Ta

PostPosted: Tue 07. Feb 2023 3:44:16 

limabean1 wrote:
Hi All. I've been practising my 450l in stability normal but decided to change to scale. When I changed via the Bluetooth and a mobile the tail would not hold even when I pushed the gyro up to -90%. In normal I had it fine at -60% but I'm not sure what is happening in scale stability and why it won't hold solid. Can anyone assist maybe. Am I going up the wrong way should it be lower than -60.
Ta

From my understanding, Stabi Scale is Rate mode Only, not heading hold
In Normal Stabilization, heading hold is or tries to maintain on all control surfaces.

Maybe this helps

PostPosted: Tue 07. Feb 2023 4:37:51 

So are you saying that I put my gyro back in to normal positive instead of negative as i had it for for stabi normal.

PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2023 7:44:43 

limabean1 wrote:
Ta

for scale you should have i at around + 55-70% headhold. NOT negative side of the gyro

next i wonder is how did you set up you scale switch? did you go to CHANNELS and assignet a swith to STABI SCALE ?
then you go to the STABI Menu and put it in SELECT BY CHANNEL

if your heli was flying good before you put it scale then this should not make any difference for tail.. only cyclic/stability

unless you changed someting

PostPosted: Tue 13. Feb 2024 16:13:57 

Is it possible to enhance tail authority in stability scale helicopters by implementing unconventional design modifications or utilizing alternative control mechanisms?

PostPosted: Sat 02. Mar 2024 2:27:11 

Still having issues with the gyro. The heli is in scale stability mode and the gyro has been run from 40 to 75 and it doesn't seem to make any difference to the waging that is present. Any thing I might be missing anyone.?