It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:56:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 22. May 2022 12:24:20 
Site Admin

Hello,

when you enable ESC telemetry in the Spirit unit then you will get immediately telemetry variables in the radio visible.
But there will be only zero shown in the radio until ESC will send valid data.

For this you need Telem UNI cable and connect it correctly in both ESC and Spirit unit and correct ESC firmware.
Nothing else is required. It does not matter what radio firmware you are using, it should work with any, even 5 years old.

PostPosted: Sun 22. May 2022 14:31:06 

Ok - Thanks again Tomas

But as I mentioned earlier I believe the telemetry cables for Scorpion and HW used by VControl are wired identically to the Spirit Tele cables.

The reason I am using these cables instead is that I already have quite a few (having just changed back from VControl to Jeti / Spirit).

Please see attached and advise if you think that is correct?

Scorpion Tribunis II 200 updated to latest firmware and settings in Sproto as per the wiki too.

Hobbywing firmware is also correct I believe (non VControl firmware).

Very frustrating (but Im sure its going to end up being something simple that I have obviously done wrong).

Attachments:
VCT Tele Cable.jpg
VCT Tele Cable.jpg [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 302 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 23. May 2022 18:55:58 
Site Admin

Hello,

the cable looks correct. I assume black wire in the servo connector goes at the GND (-) pin of the ESC, is this correct?

The only last possibility that could make it not to work is that the Spirit unit has missing soldering joint at the servo connector.
This could be verified by unmounting bottom part of the cover.

PostPosted: Fri 17. Jun 2022 15:27:30 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

the cable looks correct. I assume black wire in the servo connector goes at the GND (-) pin of the ESC, is this correct?

The only last possibility that could make it not to work is that the Spirit unit has missing soldering joint at the servo connector.
This could be verified by unmounting bottom part of the cover.

Sorry about the late reply. Have had to take a little break away as getting a little frustrated.

I doubt its the actual Spirit units at fault as neither my Hobbywing or Scorpion Tribunis telemetry will work with two different Spirit RS units (I purchased 3 new units earlier this year).

Tonight I updated the firmware in the Jeti, Spirit Integration and Spirit Units but still nothing displayed from either ESCs.

I also tried setting the Tribunis ESC directly through the E1 / ExBus port in the RS unit and still no data coming through!

Using the Jeti ExBus telemetry method when I searched for the available telemetry it displayed all the available Scorpion Telemetry but again no values?

Im starting to think it may even be a radio issue??

PostPosted: Sat 18. Jun 2022 2:41:14 

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

First of all Tomas I cant thank you enough for all your assistance (and wasting so much of your time)!

All along I kept on saying its going to be something simple.....and at least I was right about that!!!

After trying the Tribunis ESC through the ExBus port on the Spirit RS (with no luck) last night, this morning I remembered I had a Jeti Receiver so thought I would try that.

Same result.....through a Jeti RX......Telemetry available displayed but no values!

So had to be the radio (Jeti DS12).....and at least I was right about that.

THE TELEMETRY WAS SWITCHED OFF.

I am so embarrassed that I had not ever checked that but I also cant believe that it was off???

Anyway goes without saying that all telemetry is now working perfectly through the Spirit RS.

Very embarrassing but happy to admit my mistake in case it ever assists anyone else in the future.

PostPosted: Sat 18. Jun 2022 6:34:30 
Site Admin

Thank you for great message!
Yes, very interesting. Glad it was resolved :)