It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:12:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 24. May 2022 22:25:34 

I wanted to test the new crossfire support so started my unit, updated it to 3.4.0 and all was good. Then I set crossfire saved to the unit and when I power cycled it I can't connect anymore. It starts up with a blue led then when it initialized led goes out and I can't connect to it with Spirit settings anymore. I also tried recovery mode but then spirit settings only goes into "not responding" and doesn't seem to do anything. Any advice? The unit is a Spirit GT

Edit: tested two different interfaces and I now also tested to upgrade a Spirit II unit without setting it to crossfire and it boots up and works just fine after the updated and powercycle. Did I brick my Spirit GT somehow?

Edit2: if it matters I had my crossfire unit setup as futaba sbus and connected with 3wires when I rebooted it. So wiring was working and unchanged but once it booted I guess the Gt unit was setup for crossfire and my crossfire was still ppm/futaba.

PostPosted: Wed 25. May 2022 7:14:50 
Site Admin

Hello,

don't worry, the unit will work well again.

I will send you special procedure to flash the firmware again.

1. Turn off the unit
2. Start the Spirit Settings in the Recovery mode, select correct COM port if there are more in the Connection - Devices.
3. Go to Update tab and press Left CTRL + Left Alt + H. You should sse "Bootloader Request"
4. Then you can press the Flash button and confirm it.
5. Connect Power Supply to the unit and flashing should start immediately.
6. Close the Spirit Settings

If not, please retry from step 1 again. It might take few retries because unit is not booting up properly.
All settings should be preserved and unit will operate normally.

We are very sorry for the inconvience. The problem should not appear again - we have made a small correction in the firmware - date 25.5.2022.
If you will be unable to fix it, we can do it for free.

PostPosted: Wed 25. May 2022 10:41:32 

I've tried this procedure 5 times now but I can't get it to flash. After I get the bootloader message and hit flash it goes one time quickly from 0-100% and then status is "Recovery mode.." and it stays at 0%. Anything else I should try? I will keep going for a few more times :)

PostPosted: Wed 25. May 2022 10:44:31 
Site Admin

Please make sure that you are powering the unit when you can see 0% - Recovery mode. This is very important.
After any failed attempt it is needed to close the software, power off the unit and start again.

PostPosted: Wed 25. May 2022 10:53:37 

I got it now after 4-5 more attemps. Now it connects fine again :) Thank you for the quick support

PostPosted: Wed 15. Jun 2022 1:50:46 

I am having the same issue with SpiritGT.

-Tried flashing firmware, sucess and waited for a bit. Unplug usb and power. Plug power and spirit flashes blue

-Tried recovery, same problem

-Tried bootloader recovery, when usb is plugged in and then I apply power when it says recovery 0% nothing happens. Spirit does not light up or anything.

-Tried both ways on 3 different computes (2mac 1PC)

-Always just blue flashing after power cycle.

PostPosted: Wed 15. Jun 2022 7:23:59 
Site Admin

Hello, it seems this is very different issue than the original post. So I recommend to continue in a private message.
I will write you a message.