It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 12:44:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 16:19:45 

Hi Matthias,

After reading your last post, I'm thinking that I'm performing a very similar test to yours with different results. Here is a short video that shows my process.

https://youtu.be/2K6r5at0Szg

Let me know if that's close.

-Eric

Last edited by Desmohead on Sun 09. Jan 2022 16:42:21, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 16:23:35 

I've been a little bit more methodical with my testing and have recorded the results in the attached image. This is on 3.3.4 firmware.

The pattern here is clear - with Hobbywing ESC telemetry enabled, the model will failsafe if the main receiver (4651T plugged in to AIL port) is unplugged.

If telemetry is disabled, the 9747 will pick up from the 4651T if it is unplugged. One detail I noticed, is that the first time you unplug the 4651T and reconnect it, there is a period of about 0.5 seconds where control is lost, before the 9747 takes over. If you unplug and reconnect the 4651 again, the transfer of control to the 9747 is without delay.
This is repeatable.

Attachments:
SPIRIT SRXL2 testing.png
SPIRIT SRXL2 testing.png [ 6.96 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 16:38:19 

Also interested in this topic and hoping it's getting resolved by Spirit.
An RX + sattelite for redundancy + ESC telemetry is a must have for FBL unit, and high end FBL unit such as Spirits shouldn't be limping behind others in this area (Spektrum, Brain..)

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 17:35:47 

Hello Eric,
I did it in the same way like you but I haven't activatet ESC telemetry and I had a 6-Cell NiMh accumulator -
The weird thing is that it works for me - very strange, something still seems to be wrong -
I think Tomas shoud make additional tests -

The only thing I have found is that it is better to connect to the computer only after the Spirit FBL has been fully initialized. I only plug into Sys when the system has finished initializing -

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 17:44:19 

Hello berserkr,
As already said, I tested without ESC telemetry and with a 6-cell NiMh battery, strangely enough it always worked - I did not find that the SPM9747 is activated with a delay for the first time - As I already wrote with Eric something seems to be wrong, Tomas will have to test again, I think -

Best regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 18:32:04 

Hi, everyone !
I just had the following train of thought - If the ESC telemetry is switched off, the whole thing seems to work, at least for you berserkr and for me - that means the whole thing doesn't work when the ESC telemetry is activated - that would mean this the problem is also to be looked for - You should consider an SRXL2 satellite (bidirectional communication) attached to sat2 and the ESC telemetry is also placed on sat1 - These data streams may be hindering each other at the moment so that either an overload occurs or the separation / channeling the data streams is not working properly. This in turn would mean that the firmware actually has to be checked again in this matter - I think that can also be changed within the firmware - in previous operation with an SLRX2 satellite, this was not noticed, but now there are two SRXL2 satellites and still has to process the ESC telemetry, new errors may come to light that were previously not visible -
I don't know how the "data processing" of the two sat interfaces (sat1, sat2) in the Spirit FBL works, only Tomas can find out, we users actually don't know anything about it -
But I think that is exactly where you have to start your search -

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 18:35:32 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello berserkr,
As already said, I tested without ESC telemetry and with a 6-cell NiMh battery, strangely enough it always worked - I did not find that the SPM9747 is activated with a delay for the first time - As I already wrote with Eric something seems to be wrong, Tomas will have to test again, I think -

Understood, and it also does work for me without ESC telemetry if using 3.3.4. With 3.3.3, it didn't matter whether telemetry was disabled or not.

Obviously I don't know how the Spirit is programmed, but my guess would be that since ESC telemetry is received through a satellite port, it causes a conflict when telemetry is enabled. All speculation of course - I look forward to hearing Tomas' comments on this.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 18:43:17 

Hello berserkr,
you are on the same track like I ! I think that's the conflict !

I'm curious what Tomas can say about it!

Many greetings
Matthias

PS. Whats your first name ? I am Matthias !

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 21:55:18 

UPDATE!

I have it working! As it turns out I had telemetry enabled! My SpiritGT and SPM4651T combination works in all ports as long as ESC Telemetry is disabled (like others have posted).

I guess the good news is that we're all seeing the same thing now. Tomas can refer to my video for an example of what happens when telemetry is enabled.

-Eric

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jan 2022 20:35:04 

Just sharing sharing some info I was able to get form Horizon on the notion of using an AR6110T with a SPM4651T as a satellite redundant solution. I suspected that this wouldnt work so I asked Horizon Support. Here's the response I received:

Good Morning, Eric, I talked to our Heli Tech & here's what he had to say:

"The AR6610T will not send channels 1-6 to the fbl controller through the SRXL2 port, only to its own channel ports. This is not the correct receiver for a serial setup with a flybarless system.
If the customer wants to run a serial receiver with a flybarless unit (beastX, brain 2, or whichever) they will first need to know if the system is SRXL2 compatible. If it is then the 4651T is the preferred receiver. If not, then they can run only standard satellite receivers (9745). If the customer wants to run a conventional receiver such as the AR6610T, then the channels must be linked to the fbl system one to one (PWM)."

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

Daren

Horizon Hobby
Product Support Rep.

I suppose this will work if you want to connect via PWM one to one but, you'd give up telemetry. On the other hand, you could run two SRXL satellites but, since the currently available offering is single diversity, there may be no advantage running two single diversity satellites over one SPM4651T. So, I "think" (and I'm by no means certain but) the opportunity here is for Spirit Systems to be the only other FBL on the market that can offer Spektrum users redundant SRXL2 receivers with telemetry beyond the FC6250.

-Eric

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next