It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:47:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 09. Jun 2021 20:43:10 
Site Admin

You can try to connect RPM wire at the PIT pin from the ESC.
Data will be not transferred through telemetry connection but unit will calculate it directly.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 7:25:28 

Kluftinger wrote:
Anton38357 wrote:
Sorry for shouting from the side...
Thanks for doing so

You are connecting from the YGE through the TexY-adapter direct to the Xbus of the AR8020T and this gives telemetry to the IX12 - correct.

Yes, I get full telemetry w/o SLRX2 connection to the Spirit2

It sounds like you would like to use the same RPM signal to feed to the Spirit for governor setup, yes/no? On other FBL units this has been identified as an issue where "electrical noise" becomes an issue.. (if this is what you would like to do).

No, I want the gov from YGE

I had this issue on an IKON2 and ended up install in a Hobbywing ($5) RPM sensor to feed to my Spektrum Telemetry unit for a clean signal. So, ESC RPM to the gyro for governor and the installed RPM sensor to the receiver for telemetry.

I may try an external sensor as a last possibility to use the YGE controller

I started with the SRXL2 connection cable as shown in the manual for the AR6610T with the parts I listed in the start post.
Today I hooked up a 6610T but rpm of the head, throttle % and BEC voltage was still zero.

Then I switched to a AR9030T, which runs only old SRXL and the full telemetry in the ESC window was present.
(no option because of its size)

So to me it looks like an issue with SRXL2 in combination with YGE+Spirit :oops:

And BTW: a short maiden hover flight today with the Hobbywing ESC showed the consumed current after take off. 8-)
(also no option, since I have the expensive YGE already)

I would recommend to connect from the YGE through the TexY-adapter direct to the Xbus of the AR8020T or AR9030T to feed telemetry to the IX12. Connect the receiver through PPm (not SRXL (AR9030T) or SRXL2 (AR8020T)) and set the governor either:

A: YGE internal governor (do you know how to do this?)
B: Install an RPM sensor like the HW $5 one to the Spirit to use the Spirit governor.

Noted above you would like to use the YGE governor? You don't need and RMP sensor for this.

God Luck!! :) :) :)

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 7:40:44 
Site Admin

I do not recommend using PPM connection due to reliability and limited channel count.
Certainly it will work with any SRXL2 receiver, but with SRXL1 not, until you will use other telemetry adapter such as TexY.

RPM issue will be rather related to YGE configuration - gear ratio and/or radio gear ratio settings. Both must be at default settings (unconfigured).

But additionally you can get RPM from RPM lead, which will bypass YGE telemetry completely. Same can be done with HobbyWing. This will enable possibility to use Spirit Governor too.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 9:44:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Data will be not transferred through telemetry connection but unit will calculate it directly.

Since there is only one wire (yellow wire of the blue connector) for all data coming from the YGE, is it ok to route a parallel wire to the PIT pin?
If not, the choice would be, to have rpm displayed and nothing else ore the current status with no rpm shown.
Only the HW 80A has a telemetry/program connector (femail) and a separate RPM signal wire (yellow).

@Anton38357: " Connect the receiver through PPM"
Do i need another receiver or does a 6610T/8020T (normally SRXL2) also work with PPM protocol?
To my knowledge only an AR7700 has both options.

Last edited by Kluftinger on Thu 10. Jun 2021 10:06:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 9:56:44 

Hi,

pls check YGE 95 LVT manual: https://www.yge.de/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -95LVT.pdf

=> page 3: the RED wire of the blue connector is the RPM signal, the YELLOW/ORANGE one is telemetry data.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 10:29:35 

Thanks a lot Michael!!

This is the key.
With the old SRLX receivers the TexY connection to the Xbus was workin fine. No problems. 8-)

The SRXL 2 receivers need the connection towards the Sat1 port of the Spirit unit.
But the adapter shown in the manual requires a cut red wire. This wire should go to the PIT pin.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 12:08:05 

YES! It works.

The red wire must be connected to the PIT pin to support the rpm display. :!:
Then there is a choice, which governor you want to use: ESC or Spirit.

I'm pretty sure I tried the hook up through the Sat1 port once some time ago since the prepared adapter was already in my Spirit part box. Because of the missing rpm in the telemetriy I kept on going with the TexY adapter (+30€ add. expence) for Xbus.

With SRXL2 this workaround is no longer possible.
Due to the long winter in Bavaria, a lot of knowledge in my brain from last summer seem to be gone in spring :D

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jun 2021 13:05:19 

Kluftinger wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

Since there is only one wire (yellow wire of the blue connector) for all data coming from the YGE, is it ok to route a parallel wire to the PIT pin?
If not, the choice would be, to have rpm displayed and nothing else ore the current status with no rpm shown.
Only the HW 80A has a telemetry/program connector (femail) and a separate RPM signal wire (yellow).

@Anton38357: " Connect the receiver through PPM"
Do i need another receiver or does a 6610T/8020T (normally SRXL2) also work with PPM protocol?
To my knowledge only an AR7700 has both options.

All the Spektrum receivers supports PPM but you’ll be stuck with 6 channels only. So maybe a bad idea.
The old AR7700 “speaks” SRXL, same as the AR____T models. The no -telemetry models “speaks” SRXL but not all gyros connects to that.
Maybe keep it single line but add a second (or a) RPM sensor just to test.

PostPosted: Fri 11. Jun 2021 1:25:06 

Kluftinger wrote:
YES! It works.

The red wire must be connected to the PIT pin to support the rpm display. :!:
Then there is a choice, which governor you want to use: ESC or Spirit.

I'm pretty sure I tried the hook up through the Sat1 port once some time ago since the prepared adapter was already in my Spirit part box. Because of the missing rpm in the telemetriy I kept on going with the TexY adapter (+30€ add. expence) for Xbus.

With SRXL2 this workaround is no longer possible.
Due to the long winter in Bavaria, a lot of knowledge in my brain from last summer seem to be gone in spring :D

Kluftinger - can you maybe post some photos of your setup and how this was connected?

PostPosted: Fri 11. Jun 2021 5:01:19 

I'm afraid there are so many wires on these fotos and they are therefore not very helpful
Let me try a detailed description:

Fist step: connect the SRLX2 receiver according the manual
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... wiring.jpg

Second step: modify the recommended adapter for the YGE connection.
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... -servo.png

There are two ways to do it:
A: cut the red wire at the little white connector which plugs into the Sat1 port
Crimp a servo connector which fits on a pin to the end of the red wire
Then assemble the new connector into the center position (PIT) of the outboard signal connector from Step 1

B: if you don'thave a crimp tool use a 10cm servo extension
Disassemble the female servo connector of the adapter from step 2
Remove the center pin (red wire) and cut it off at the little white connector
Disassemble both connectors of the 10cm extension
Remove the outer yellow and black wires
Now put the matching connector of the red wire into the center of the YGE adapter servo plug
Finally assemble the matching connector into the center position (PIT) of the outboard signal connector from Step 1

Why the red wire (rpm signal) from the ESC goes to the PIT pin is described on the http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Governor page.

Attachments:
YGE_SRXL2_Spirit Adapter.jpg
YGE_SRXL2_Spirit Adapter.jpg [ 176.21 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]