It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:14:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 6 degrees head geometry
PostPosted: Wed 03. Mar 2021 9:25:51 

Hello,

Cant get 6 degrees on main blades during setting up Spirit 2. Transmitter +/- 100%, servos zeroed, links adjusted and equal, swash levelled, blades zero degrees at transmitters mid stick, pitch +/-12 degrees. Everything parallel/perpendicular.
At step 8 its requested to turn main blades parallel to the boom and adjust 6 degrees. in my case it doesnt work as when blades are parallel to the boom and step 8 is activated i got more then about 12 degrees and cant decrease it to 6 degrees as lowest setting for it is 64 points which gives to me almost 7 degrees and cant be decreased any more. The explanation says that normal figure should lie between 90 and 150 points which is far away from my figure. Tried many times- still the same.
Only the way i found to get within limit 90-150 and achieve 6 degrees was to lower all six sliders of collective pitch correction to the minimum in both directions at servo/setting tab and increasing collective pitch range at limits tab but its against manual as nothing found about that actions there.
The page http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... tive_Pitch was used as a reference.
Helicopter is T-Rex 600 DFC.

What am i doung wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by zebrik1 on Wed 03. Mar 2021 14:08:21, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Mar 2021 12:43:30 

You should be able to get the 6 degrees, I have a 600 with no problems that way. Did you use the servo arms that align provides in the kit? the problem could be with the servo arms/holes, you are using. The DFC head has a fixed length on the distance to the blade grips.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Mar 2021 14:29:43 

mb-1953 wrote:
You should be able to get the 6 degrees, I have a 600 with no problems that way. Did you use the servo arms that align provides in the kit? the problem could be with the servo arms/holes, you are using. The DFC head has a fixed length on the distance to the blade grips.

Yes, i used servo arms from the kit. Double checked and found that balls are attached to the outer servo arm holes which is against manual. Will reattach them to the inner holes and recheck again.
Thanks for pointing me out to the possible reason.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Mar 2021 12:19:25 

The best way i found to do this was to use a single blade and have it going directly out front of heli. Then using the trims and centring on tabs. If your trying with both blades going down the boom then this will give inaccurate results due to weight of blades and servos straining.
Single blade out the front and i had it set up in 5 minutes :)
Hope this helps

Pete

PostPosted: Fri 05. Mar 2021 20:45:47 

Pete678 wrote:
The best way i found to do this was to use a single blade and have it going directly out front of heli. Then using the trims and centring on tabs. If your trying with both blades going down the boom then this will give inaccurate results due to weight of blades and servos straining.
Single blade out the front and i had it set up in 5 minutes :)
Hope this helps

Pete

Hi Pete,
Tanks for Your help.
I dont use any blades during setting up. In order to eliminate any blade weight effect, i attach my rc logger2 direct to the grip with both blades off. When one blade grip is done ( +/- 12 on pitch, +/- 6 on cyclic), i simply reattach it to the second grip and check the same angles.
Finally, after shifting balls from the outer holes of the servo arms to the inner ones (thanks to mb-1953) i was able to set +/- 6 degrees on the grips parallel to the boom but the figure is still dont lie between 90 and 150 points as its recommended by the manual. My figure is 75 but i dont think its a big deal as i have exactly 6 degrees.

Has anyone had an issue with figure , which is out of the recommended limits (90-150), or it is ok to use it set to 75?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat 06. Mar 2021 8:03:55 

maybe you could post a photo of your head setup, so the geometry & links could be seen. but most probably you will need to replace the servo horns by shorter ones if there are no additional holes to get shorter lever. will fly like this too, but not perfect.

i had a 550dfc years ago (head is +/- same)... same problem. never was able to get good geometry before replacing servo horns by shorter ones... around 1.5-2mm shorter should do the trick. better geometry = better resolution = better flight characteristics....

Ciao
Michael

PostPosted: Mon 08. Mar 2021 12:32:39 

HeliMLM wrote:
maybe you could post a photo of your head setup, so the geometry & links could be seen. but most probably you will need to replace the servo horns by shorter ones if there are no additional holes to get shorter lever. will fly like this too, but not perfect.

i had a 550dfc years ago (head is +/- same)... same problem. never was able to get good geometry before replacing servo horns by shorter ones... around 1.5-2mm shorter should do the trick. better geometry = better resolution = better flight characteristics....

Ciao
Michael

Hi, Michael

Replaced servo horns as per Your advise by the shorter ones. Now able to get between 90 and 150 points. My figure is 95.

Thanks