It is currently Thu 15. Apr 2021 18:16:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:36:14 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
Hi all,
I'm after a little advice as i've tried searching through the forum, but get conflicting answers.
My question is......
I have a spektrum ar8010t receiver that i want to use with my spirit 2 and geolink. I know it's not ideal, and i know i'll have to put rescue in with a feature from geolink etc. I just want to know if i can use it with the srxl or do i wire as a pwm rx?
Any help would be much appreciated :)
Pete


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Thu 21. Jan 2021 18:32:49 
Offline

Joined: Mon 19. Feb 2018 22:12:47
Posts: 39
Use SRXL its a much cleaner install.
And up to 18 channels @ 11ms frame rate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Thu 21. Jan 2021 20:36:06 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
cracked canopy wrote:
Use SRXL its a much cleaner install.
And up to 18 channels @ 11ms frame rate.


Is it supported by the spirit 2? i've heard things about it's not bi-directional and the interface not being compatible?. It would be great to use, as i've alredy got it and maybe a good excuse to buy an ix12 :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 11:10:14 
Offline

Joined: Mon 19. Feb 2018 22:12:47
Posts: 39
Pete678 wrote:
cracked canopy wrote:
Use SRXL its a much cleaner install.
And up to 18 channels @ 11ms frame rate.


Is it supported by the spirit 2? i've heard things about it's not bi-directional and the interface not being compatible?. It would be great to use, as i've alredy got it and maybe a good excuse to buy an ix12 :D

yes its supported by Spirit 2. Which TX do you currently have ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 11:21:25 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
cracked canopy wrote:
Pete678 wrote:
cracked canopy wrote:
Use SRXL its a much cleaner install.
And up to 18 channels @ 11ms frame rate.


Is it supported by the spirit 2? i've heard things about it's not bi-directional and the interface not being compatible?. It would be great to use, as i've alredy got it and maybe a good excuse to buy an ix12 :D

yes its supported by Spirit 2. Which TX do you currently have ?



I've currently got a dx8e but i'm in the market for more channels!
I know i'll only get options for the geolink if i link them to the rescue mode. I just want to try them out individually and then decide which one i'm most keen on and stick with it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 18:24:49 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 29. Apr 2013 16:06:44
Posts: 10371
Hello,

ar8010t is old and discontinued receiver.
I recommend SRXL2 receiver. This will allow integration and telemetry, while AR8010T not. It has support only for SRXL1.

All Spektrum recevers are supported by all Spirit units.

Old Spektrum satellites are not needed as well.

I recommend for example AR6610T. See wiring details:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... um_AR6610T

_________________
Spirit System developer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 20:09:19 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

ar8010t is old and discontinued receiver.
I recommend SRXL2 receiver. This will allow integration and telemetry, while AR8010T not. It has support only for SRXL1.

All Spektrum recevers are supported by all Spirit units.

Old Spektrum satellites are not needed as well.

I recommend for example AR6610T. See wiring details:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... um_AR6610T



Hi Tomas,

So your saying my ar8010t is not compatible with the srxl, but i can still use it via wiring as a pwm rx? also what do you mean "Old Spektrum satellites are not needed as well?"
It comes with an older version of the satellite! are you saying this isn't supported?
Or are you saying that i don't need to run satellites on it?
It's going on trex 500x so i want a rock solid rf link. That's why i bought the 8010t! I'm not worried about running it in srxl ,but just as a receiver with 3 satellites along with the spirit 2 & geolink.

one more thing,....
the Spektrum ar80010t is not discontinued. It's still going, it just runs on the older version of srxl, that's all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 21:17:31 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 29. Apr 2013 16:06:44
Posts: 10371
Hi,

AR8010T has support for SRXL, but only old version.
You can connect Spektrum satellite to it without any problem. It will make transmission safer.

All is fully supported by Spirit for years.

_________________
Spirit System developer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 21:19:27 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
I can't help but notice that the srxl2 serial port adaptor has 3 wires coming out of it, instead of the 4 that the srxl satellites use? do you just need to remove the grey wire on the srxl2 satllite rx to make it work with the spirit 2?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spektrum ar8010t
PostPosted: Fri 22. Jan 2021 21:24:14 
Offline

Joined: Thu 21. Jan 2021 13:15:46
Posts: 34
ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

AR8010T has support for SRXL, but only old version.
You can connect Spektrum satellite to it without any problem. It will make transmission safer.

All is fully supported by Spirit for years.



Thanks for the quick reply.
Are you saying that i can just use a spektrum satellite alone on a trex 500x or use it with the ar8010t using it in pwm wiring?
Sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure it's going to get the best rf link possible.
I've still yet to build the 500!

Many thanks,

Pete


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles_red v1.0.1 designed by Team -Programming forum-سيارات للبيع .