It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:04:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Acro Recovery flip rate
PostPosted: Fri 16. Oct 2015 23:02:13 

Will there be an update so the upright flip rate can be lowered? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 18:28:50 

Any update to this Tomas?

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 18:50:09 

+1

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 18:51:51 
Site Admin

It is possible that in the future it will be there.
But decreasing the rate is in contradiction with fact, that you want to rescue helicopter.
Flip rate is same for both Acro and Normal modes.
If it is too agressive for your model, you can decrease Cyclic Ring value little bit which is doing exactly what you wish.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 19:58:17 

Hi In the previous firmware i understand that it was important to flip the modal quickly (skids to the ground) so that the Spirit unit could then add pitch and clear the modal from the ground.

However in the new firmware the modal will climb first (1-1.5sec negative pitch) then flip, which surly means a fast flip (skids to the ground) is no longer important or necessary as the modal is well clear of the ground before the fliping, so would it not make more scence for a slower less agresive flip putting less stress on the modal and bec .

Or am i missing something?

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 20:26:03 

ZeXx86 wrote:
It is possible that in the future it will be there.
But decreasing the rate is in contradiction with fact, that you want to rescue helicopter.
Flip rate is same for both Acro and Normal modes.
If it is too agressive for your model, you can decrease Cyclic Ring value little bit which is doing exactly what you wish.

What is the correct way to set the cyclic ring value? I set it well before there was any servo binding but I was getting a Cyclic Ring error on the log, which I thought meant that the FBL was asking for a certain servo movement, but couldn't get it because of the limit. I've been slowly increasing the cyclic ring limits, but now I'm concerned there may be a boom strike. Should I just keep the cyclic ring at the level that gives me the pitch I want, and ignore the cyclic ring limit errors?

PostPosted: Mon 19. Oct 2015 1:33:47 

It would be nice not having to decrease cyclic performance, especially if you're already logging cyclic ring activation errors. I agree that by the time the flip occurs, the heli will be far away from the ground so the rate of the flip shouldn't be an issue. Being able too slow it down should help with orientation as well.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Oct 2015 8:45:23 
Site Admin

Cyclic Ring event in the log is reached whenever you will reach configured limit - even with the stick.
So on the ground it is meaningless. If you can see this event in the flight time, then mostly your Rotation Rate is faster than your model can handle at the current settings.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Oct 2015 15:26:35 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Cyclic Ring event in the log is reached whenever you will reach configured limit - even with the stick.
So on the ground it is meaningless. If you can see this event in the flight time, then mostly your Rotation Rate is faster than your model can handle at the current settings.

So if I am seeing it in flight, the best solution would be to either increase cyclic ring if there is no binding, or decrease rotation rate?

PostPosted: Mon 19. Oct 2015 15:45:32 
Site Admin

This event is only to inform you. On some helicopters, especially during 3D flight it is very normal and you will see it because it takes a while for helicopter to get to desired position.
It does not mean there is some problem. If everything is working as you wish, then there is no need to change it.

All in all your Rotation rate should be always configured so that you are sure your helicopter can handle it. If it is too high (and exceeds configured limit in your Cyclic Ring), then steering may be inprecise.
So you can just configure max. possible value for Cyclic Ring that you know is safe and recommended by manufacturer so angles can't be higher.