It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 0:22:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 06. Aug 2023 19:40:55 

Using the Spirit GT with Aero firmware.

I have 1 4650T connected as primary through the RUD for power and the AIL pin as outlined in the manul. I can access the integrataion menu with no issues. I also have the esc connected via SAT1 for esc telemetry, which also has no issues.

When I connect a second 4650T through SAT2, integration and esc telemetry goes away and is no longer capable, but the second the 4650T is disconnected from SAT2, it all comes back and works again. Manual says it can be used with up to 3 SRXL2 devices.

Can integration and telemetry not be used when connecting multiple SRXL2 devices?

PostPosted: Mon 07. Aug 2023 6:55:38 

I too have this issue.

I have Spirit GT and the AR6610T as primary receiver. Everthing including telemetry works as it should and has for several months.

Recently wired in 4651T as secondary receiver into Sat 2. Sat 1 used for ESC telemetry.
Seems telemetry only works when on primary Rx. Once signal gets weak and it switches to the secondary Rx, telemetry is lost. Once it switches back to primary Rx, telemetry is back.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2023 5:00:41 

ExCCHP wrote:
I too have this issue.

I have Spirit GT and the AR6610T as primary receiver. Everthing including telemetry works as it should and has for several months.

Recently wired in 4651T as secondary receiver into Sat 2. Sat 1 used for ESC telemetry.
Seems telemetry only works when on primary Rx. Once signal gets weak and it switches to the secondary Rx, telemetry is lost. Once it switches back to primary Rx, telemetry is back.

Thats better then me because when both are connected, I lose integration capability completely.

I think whats happening is that since both are telemetry capable, but only the primary sends/receives data, that the other is somehow interfering with it. Just hope Tomas can jump in and offer some suggestion and resolution on this because I've got a new 86" Slick 580 thats ready to go, just waiting on this issue to be resolved.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2023 21:44:31 

Honestly I did not check if the integration was still available on my NX10. The telemetry issue I noticed straight away as I am usually on either my ESC screen or Volts screen.

The manual does state that you can use 1 4651T as a primary reciever and additional 4651T as satellite recievers.

Tomas and his team are usually fairly quick to respond. I am hopefull they are looking into it and coming up with a solution before they reply.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Aug 2023 6:35:40 

Tomas, any updates to this issue? I know we spoke a little over messenger, hopefully theres a resolution soon so I can get out with this model.

PostPosted: Mon 21. Aug 2023 14:44:17 

Ya, it has been over 2 weeks. Would have hoped to have a response pby now

PostPosted: Fri 25. Aug 2023 12:42:40 
Site Admin

We were able to replicate the issue with the recent Spektrum firmware when receivers were too close to each other.
This mean that the satellite is even not needed to be connected to the unit - just running nearby and then telemetry/integration will stop working.
To make it work, it should be enough to bind one of these satellites (preferably secondary sat) with telemetry off as temporal solution.
We will have to make new process of binding for two/three SRXL2 satellites directly by Spirit unit, not by bind buttons at the receivers/satellites.
Then the result will be same as binding secondary satellite with telemetry off.

PostPosted: Sat 26. Aug 2023 15:15:40 

How does one bind a 4651T with telemetry off?

There is nothing in the manual.
I have searched but can not find anything about how to do this.

Now that I think about it, it's already bound with telemetry off. A better question would be how I bind it with telemetry on so I can get telemetry on both the main and sat Rxs?

PostPosted: Tue 29. Aug 2023 0:58:35 

ExCCHP wrote:
How does one bind a 4651T with telemetry off?

There is nothing in the manual.
I have searched but can not find anything about how to do this.

Now that I think about it, it's already bound with telemetry off. A better question would be how I bind it with telemetry on so I can get telemetry on both the main and sat Rxs?

from my understanding, telemetry data and integration is not capable through the sat1 and sat2 ports, only when one of the telemetry capable sats is connected through the AIL pin. There is no way to bind any of the telemetry sats with telemetry off.

Now I still have a model with the old 4649T and dsmx sat and it still works with integration and telemetry data, but those sats/rxs are discontinued.

PostPosted: Wed 30. Aug 2023 10:30:55 
Site Admin

You can bind them with telemetry off by setting up Telemetry to Off in the Spektrum radio - at least this option is available with some of their radios. During binding it will show if telemetry is enabled or not.
4649T is old telemetry receiver that can be interfaced with old satellite receivers. These sats are not sending any telemetry so it is not interfering with each other.

When binding with external Spektrum receiver so that SRXL2 satellite is connected directly in this receiver, it will also bind it so there is no telemetry transmission from slave. So always only one of them is transmitting the data.