It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:20:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 19. Mar 2023 18:28:45 

First of all, thanks a lot for the recent update of Spirit Aero to 1.7.0 that now supports Crossfire protocol!

Now my question is: Am I trying to make something work that is not supported?

I am talking about main battery pack telemetry from my Hobbywing Platinum 40A V4 through Spirit2 Aero —>TBS Crossfire RX Diversity Nano —> Radiomaster TX16S + TBS Crossfire TX Micro.

I have thoroughly followed your two integration guides for Spirit-Hobbywing and Spirit-Crossfire:

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... _Telemetry

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... sFire_CRSF

The Spirit2 and Crossfire are talking servo control signals to each other, but unfortunately no esc telemetry like main battery pack voltage/percent or rpm that is supposed to come from the HW V4.

- Hobbywing esc firmware 4.0.0.0. (none VBar)
- Telem cable from esc progport (without red wire) to Spirit2 Sat1 port
- Trottle cable from esc to Spirit2 Aux1 port.
- Spirit Aero Firmware 1.7.0 (same telemetry setup is also not working on Heli 3.5.0)
- Set General Receiver Setting to Crossfire CRSF.
- Set Advanced Setting Telemetry to Hobbywing V4
- Crsf cable from Spirit2 Rud port to tbs rx nano diversity power+out port 1
- Crsf cable from Spirit2 Ail pin to tbs rx nano diversity out port 2
- Crsf firmware 6.19 (latest ver) on both rx and tx.

May any of you please confirm that Spirit2 supports Hobbywing telemetry to pass all the way through Spirit2 and crossfire rx to crossfire tx or not?

Best regards.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Jul 2023 19:41:46 

I would love to know this too. My attempts (using Radiomaster Boxer / ELRS Ranger Micro / ER6) do not yield any telemetry from the Spirit.

I'm not sure if CRSF telemetry even supports RPM though?

PostPosted: Tue 18. Jul 2023 21:37:54 

Hi cycled
I am also diving into ELRS-equipment these days (have now got tx16s/ranger micro/mateksys ELRS-R24-P6) Your ER6 seems interesting and is equipped pretty similar to the mateksys that I just got. At least it seems like they both have main battery sensor (Vbat on matek, Ext-V on ER6) According to ER6 manual the ER6 Ext-V input can sense up to 35V meaning you should not need that telemetry data from you esc through Spirit2 to get main battery voltage. Anyways, our question to Spirit remains the same: How can we make Spirit2 fbl pass through telemetry data sent from Hobbywing V4?

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 20:26:25 

Don't know; I suspect CRSF isn't implemented in Spirit yet.

The ER6 works with CRSF out (probably also SBUS/SUMD but didn't test; those modes don't support telemetry yet). It's a nice receiver except that the only possible serial output is via a tiny connector on the back; you can't use the PWM pins. I am informed that you can on the ER6G. Otherwise maybe the Matek R24-D is a good choice for ELRS.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 20:55:21 

Matek R24-P6 can be set up with serial -> SBUS on hardware port2 in the elrs configurator. Matek R24-D needs the hardware converter from crsf to sbus, but I could not make that one work correctly. Therefore the setup on my heli is now the Matek P6 with SBUS on port2 to the fbl and the Vbat pad on the Matek attached to the lipo 6S which sends main voltage back to the tx. Works on the bench, haven’t tested in real life yet.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jul 2023 9:34:44 

@slendrian did you try recently? Because ELRS 3.3 supports SBUS and SUMD outputs.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jul 2023 17:56:05 

Wow, thanks a lot for the update:
«PWM receivers can also be configured to output serial on some pins and select serial protocol, so now you can have CRSF/SBUS etc and PWM simultaneously!»
ELRS is unbelievable! Actually I need the three protocols straight away on a home made drone, so this is good news.