Version 1.5.0 was released!
It brings many new features and improvements:
- Brand new Quick Flashing Process:
- From now you can flash new firmwares more smoothly, faster and reliable.
- Firmware flashing can take just 7 seconds!
- Once flashed, new firmware will boot up instantly with no need for re-power.
- All settings are preserved as usually.
- New Flashing Procedure will take effect after 1.5.0 update. Then next updates will be much faster.
- Incorrect firmware flashing is not possible anymore.
- NOTE: Transition from older firmwares is the most important to complete properly.
- NOTE: Make sure that your computer can flash firmwares properly prior this upgrade. This is required only for this update, since old flashing method is still used (only first time).
- NOTE: We recommend for Mac OS X users to make this transition on a Windows or Linux computer due to known driver issues. After this update, updating with Mac will be perfectly safe.
- NOTE: If you want to downgrade to an older version, it is possible to obtain old compatible version upon request. Original old firmwares will not work.
- New easy Recovery mode:
- In case that firmware flashing was interrupted for whatever reason, Spirit unit will boot up in recovery mode automatically.
- You can finish the flashing once unit will start to blink with LED quickly.
- Enter Recovery Mode when Status LED is blinking quickly, select firmware and just press the Flash button.
- Completely new algorithms for Rescue and Stabilisation modes:
- New version of revolutionary Sensor Fusion technology for completely all Spirit units is here!
- Rescue and stabilisation modes were totally reworked from scratch.
- It brings significant advancements in precision, reliability and flexibility.
- Model can be powered up, transported and left at any attitude during or after initialization. Yet it has no impact at Rescue and Stabilisation precision.
- Model can take off from an uneven surface without affecting Rescue and Stabilisation modes.
- It can work reliably under the most demanding maneuvers and very harsh environment at the same time.
- Suitable for all models.
- New parameter Stabi Correction:
- It enables additional corrections from a Motion Sensor for further precision improvement of the Rescue and Stabilisation modes.
- For models with a high vibration level it is recommended to leave default settings. (Disabled)
- Enables the most advanced Rescue and Stabilisation technology.
- Located in the Advanced/Expert Settings window.
- Feature is turned off by default.
- New Vibration Level measurement:
- Vibration Level telemetry value is calculated by a new algorithm from all axes.
- Vibration Level is more precise and is corresponding exactly with a real vibrations of the model.
- Updated Sensor data processing:
- Improved Sensor Data processing allows better rejection of possible interferences from connected peripherals.
- RPM Signal Processing:
- RPM signal measurement should be more stable and reliable.
- Support for Spektrum SRXL2:
- Support for Spektrum SRXL2 satellites and receivers.
- New SRXL2 adapters for wiring will be available in our E-Shop.
- NOTE: Spektrum SRXL2 receiver wiring guide is available at the Wiki page.
- New function F: Output to AUX2:
- Spirit Pro, Spirit 2 users can assign special function F: Output to AUX2 to directly control the port with a free channel.
- Spirit RS users can assign special function F: Output to AUX to directly control the port with a free channel.
- Function F: Output to CH0 and AUX2:
- Output at CH0 and AUX2 is controlled from the beginning even during initialization.
- This can allow for example smooth control of the retractable gears.
- Support for Spirit RS units:
- Full support for brand new Spirit RS units.
- Spirit RS introducing control board and telemetry receiver in a single rigid package!
- Dimensions: 36.8 x 27.15 x 15.8 mm
- Weight: 23 grams
- Material: Aluminium alloy AL6061-T6
- Input Vultage: 3.5V - 12V
- Sensor: 12-Axis Sensor Fusion
- Processor: 32bit high performance ARM
- Units are already available for order.
- More information will be available at Spirit System information channels.
- Futaba SBUS/SBUS2 enhancement:
- Each data frame is examined to match correct time synchronization.
- Additional protection from corrupted packets.
- Support for three SRXL2 satellites:
- From now Spirit 2, Spirit RS, Spirit Pro and µSpirit units can be interfaced with additional satellites.
- You can connect them at the satellite ports with SRXL2-satellite adapter.
- NOTE: We still recommend to use full size receiver + satellite receiver together.
- Improved Spektrum Integration:
- Entering and closing the Integration menu is now more intuitive.
- Only once menu is completely closed with sticks, you will see CLOSED label.
- During closing you will see CLOSING label.
- Improved detection of SPM4649T receiver:
- Receiver is now detected properly so that integration should work always well with all Spektrum radios.
- Spektrum DSM2/X protocol:
- Spektrum satellites are switched faster on signal loss.
- Temporal signal loss during satellite switch is only 100ms long.
- JETI telemetry tweak:
- S RPM parameter has RPM extension after value.
- This can be usefull for voice speech output.
- HobbyWing ESC telemetry:
- Temperature will corelate with ambient ESC temperature now.
- Spirit Settings - Messages:
- Spirit Settings software will let you know what is needed to do in unusual scenarios (Version Mismatch, Updating)
- Spirit Settings - Log Viewer:
- Fixed problem with a non standard Documents directory location.
- Logs should always open whenever Documents directory is located.
- Spirit Settings - In-Flight Vibration Analysis:
- Vibration Analysis can be selected for any Special Function.
- Previously only first 3 Special Function assignments allowed to see In-Flight option in the Analysis window.
No need to change any parameter after update from version 1.4.
WARNING: Make sure that your computer can flash firmwares properly prior this upgrade. This is required only for this update, since old flashing method is still used (only first time).
WARNING: We recommend for Mac OS X users to make this transition on a Windows or Linux computer due to known driver issues. After this update, updating with Mac will be perfectly safe.
RESCUE users: Once Rescue is engaged, please verify the model is reacting correctly.
STABILISATION users: Once Stabilisation is engaged, please verify the model is reacting correctly.
Update for the Spirit units, Wifi-Link is available in our Download section.