It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 9:33:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 09. May 2015 13:26:08 

I feel very glad with my module (i use it with a flybar heli) since it works great and it was a really wellcome fonction to get a rescue possibility even on a flybar heli.

As for the Rescue fonction, it put , as fast as possible, the model horizontal upright or inverted and makes it climbing upwards at the preset collective value (60% as a standard). One drawback of this still efficient fonction is that the model could gain a good amount altitude within no time and often too much, especially for small heli that could become difficult to see.

My suggestion is to implement in the fonction a timer (let us say 2 seconds, or ideally set by the user) that will cutt off the climbing and, if no other imput from the pilot, stabilize the heli (no more lift up or down) at the reached altitude. Since 2 seconds are more than needed to get the heli out of trouble, it would be better for the pilot to resume the fly from a stabilized and not too high altitude. That could be implemented in the soft by monitoring the vertical accelerometer.

Is this a possible improvement from the technical point of view and should be the case, a likely evolution ?

rgds

PostPosted: Sat 09. May 2015 16:30:16 

This suggestion is not necessary if you have the Rescue function on a momentary (spring-loaded) switch. This is the recommended implementation. You can easily release the switch, disengaging the Rescue function, before the model has gained too much altitude.

PostPosted: Sat 09. May 2015 19:08:09 

Tks for the advice but I have it already on such a momentary switch. However, it still remains that it would by far more convenient to have such a timely rescue (if it is something not that difficult to implement, of course).