It is currently Fri 03. May 2024 23:24:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: function save model
PostPosted: Sun 21. Apr 2024 7:19:14 

with spirit gt/gtr and geolink I would like function save model.
The receiver goes into failsafe and activates my function that the model comes home to you (rth) and after
automatically (because in fail safe you don't have the controls) the helicopter lands on its own and turns off the engine.
Enough just set the failsafe of the channel used to activate this function, for example during failsafe set channel10 at 100% and spirit understands which must be activated.
during normal flight channel 10 is set to 0%.
go home first and after auto landing and In the end stop motor to turn off the battery

Post subject: Re: function save model
PostPosted: Fri 03. May 2024 6:55:39 

Hello

parts of what you are asking is feasible with failsafe - the most important part is auto-motor-off after landing which is not covered. and this one is scary and dangerous at the same time ;)

the more important question is the legal aspect: is it legally approved in your country to let a helicopter fly completely autonomously (and covered by insurance)? and this is what you are asking for: autonomous flying. you have to have 100% control over the model at any time and in case of loss of signal, the engine must stop - this is the only safe way. bad for our models - but the only safe way for "the rest of the world". otherwise there is always the question of legal liability in case of accident / damage during autonomous flight... Spirit manufacturer or pilot? and this is most probably the reason that no fbl manufacturer will support such feature in the near future (just compare to automotive ;)). different story with normal, smaller drones - not even close that dangerous.

in my case i.e.: failsafe is >> level the heli, everything to neutral and motor off.