It is currently Sat 11. May 2024 6:45:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 09. Jan 2023 10:53:43 

hi.Im a long time spirit user and am having wierd issues when using servo travel correction. im running 3.4.3 at the moment and never used to have any issues.When i try to set equal servo travel it doesnt seem to save my settings.For example if i click into servo travel correction and adjust one servo side to get say 12.5 degrees both sides,when i click out to save one side will be like 14 degrees and the other 11. Originally thought maybe it was frsky integration to be the problem,but it does the same thing on my pc with spirit settings.Is it possible theirs a problem with latest firmware?

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jan 2023 11:11:11 
Site Admin

There is nothing different for years in the Servo Travel Correction.

The problem could be in different Bank settings if used - for example different Collective Pitch Range for each bank.
And also some enabled feature such as Anti-Gravity.

On the other hand if you need to use this feature to achieve identical collective pitch for +/- then with the most models it mean the base configuration is not perfect.
The difference is present, because 0° is not set correctly, where your servo arms are really in the center.

First it is needed to adjust all servo arms to be in the center and at the same time swashplate is perfectly level and at the same time there is 0° between main blades - all this when Subtrim (tuning) is enabled.
Only once this is correct, you can achieve identical angles for both sides. Then servo travel correction is not needed.
So I recommend to verify Subtrim (tuning) first.

Also you can verify that collective pitch channel is showing identical value in the Diagnostic tab for both sides.

Here is guide that will make the settings perfect:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... tive_Pitch

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jan 2023 11:36:32 

I’m very familiar with setting zero degrees in sub trim etc. Both helis I’ve had this issue have anti gravity (which is a recent thing I’ve tried) so hopefully that’s the problem. I’ll set anti gravity to zero and try again. Thabkyiu.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jan 2023 11:43:29 
Site Admin

Ah, then this is resolved.
Anti-Gravity purpose is actually to add this imbalance of positive and negative collective pitch. This is way how it works.
It removes configured portion of the collective pitch from range/direction which is closer to the ground.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Jan 2023 20:45:37 

Thank you so much.