It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:07:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 26. May 2022 20:02:50 

On the channels dialog, there's only 6 available entries for functions to be set. Please increase this to 10.

At the moment, i'm using 4 for GeoLink, and 1 for rescue, and I use the last one for tuning.

With the release of spirit v3.4.0 firmware, it's possible to set stabilisation using functions, however there are not enough free F: slots to be of any use to me, which is a real shame as i'd like to enable rescue and stabilised flight modes from switches.

My radio has 16 channels (opentx/edgetx), I use 6 channels for control (T,A,E,R, gain, pitch), and would like to use the other 10 channels for functions.

Also, please consider implementing a different method for setting up features. In the radio, channel overrides are required to set up different features on switches, which just seems like a really bad way to program a radio.
To set up GeoLink, I needed to program 8 different channel-overrides just to allow RTH, pos hold and auto-land.

A mix system similar to "iNav" where a feature is assigned a channel, or channels + the channel position range, would (imho) be so much easier to program and maintain from a user perspective. Channel overrides would then not be required. Much less radio programming would be required, making it much easier to maintain.

It would also allow a single switch to enable multiple features at the same time, e.g. altitude limit + return to home, etc.

See an example here:
https://mrd-rc.uk/images/taranis/inav-5 ... -modes.png

PostPosted: Sun 03. Jul 2022 14:34:03 

Hi,

I fully understand and support this, because I have the same problem. Too less selection changes in spirit to get all the great GeoLink functions setup.
I'm using S-Bus too, so I have 16 channels and I can setup only 12 of them. 4 additional would be great for additional functions.

Best Regards

Bernhard

Attachments:
PastedGraphic-1.png
PastedGraphic-1.png [ 900.33 KiB | Viewed 653 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 03. Jul 2022 15:06:11 

Its really annoying that each function requires it's own channel. If functions could be assigned to channel number + channel microsec range, then functions would be unlimited even with a 8 ch radio.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Jul 2022 12:48:01 

The other option described here with signal ranges assigned to function would be even also a great option. I have this for a sound module in use. In Betaflight it is also common to use signal ranges assigned to functions. This can be used for several categories in the Spirit:
- Geo-Link
- Spectrum Analysis
- Setup optimisations
- Stabi Modes
Steps can be -100%, -80%, -60%... 0%, 20%...100%
-100% = Off/Default
This makes it possible to have 10 functions per chanel.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Jul 2022 12:54:45 
Site Admin

GeoLink is already using signal ranges for functions. We will consider to add this option. At the moment our aim is to simplify settings.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Jul 2022 13:40:21 

ZeXx86 wrote:
GeoLink is already using signal ranges for functions. We will consider to add this option. At the moment our aim is to simplify settings.

That would be great.

Can you please increase the number of F functions asap as it's not possible to use all the features as there's not enough F functions to assign to.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Apr 2023 0:06:05 

I've now run out of channels, so can only use a small number of the available features.
Will this be resolved soon?

Attachment:
chans.png
chans.png [ 20.17 KiB | Viewed 534 times ]

I'm using 11 channels on my radio. It has 16. Spirit only allows 6 features to be programmed.

PostPosted: Wed 17. May 2023 11:52:49 

jjuk wrote:
On the channels dialog, there's only 6 available entries for functions to be set. Please increase this to 10.

At the moment, i'm using 4 for GeoLink, and 1 for rescue, and I use the last one for tuning.

With the release of spirit v3.4.0 firmware, it's possible to set stabilisation using functions, however there are not enough free F: slots to be of any use to me, which is a real shame as i'd like to enable rescue and stabilised flight modes from switches.

My radio has 16 channels (opentx/edgetx), I use 6 channels for control (T,A,E,R, gain, pitch), and would like to use the other 10 channels for functions.

Also, please consider implementing a different method for setting up features. In the radio, channel overrides are required to set up different features on switches, which just seems like a really bad way to program a radio.
To set up GeoLink, I needed to program 8 different channel-overrides just to allow RTH, pos hold and auto-land.

A mix system similar to "iNav" where a feature is assigned a channel, or channels + the channel position range, would (imho) be so much easier to program and maintain from a user perspective. Channel overrides would then not be required. Much less radio programming would be required, making it much easier to maintain.

It would also allow a single switch to enable multiple features at the same time, e.g. altitude limit + return to home, etc.

See an example here:
https://mrd-rc.uk/images/taranis/inav-5 ... -modes.png
I've used a setup like your inav in AccuRC it's very intuitive plus can set multiple functions per channel.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 04. Feb 2024 2:05:41 

Can I please ask for this again. You've added loads of new features to geolink and I can't use them because the software doesn't support more than 6 channels for functions.

I'd like to set up the following:

Switch 1
Rescue (acro)

Switch 2
Geo-fence + Alt limit

Switch 3
Alt hold + position hold

Switch 4
Stabilisation normal

Switch 5 (3-pos switch)
Return to Home (mid sw position)
Auto-landing (high sw position)

To do that, i'd need 8 function channels, the software only allows 6.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Feb 2024 18:37:52 

I would also like to emphasize this wish.
In addition, please make the "anti-gravity" parameter adjustable via channel.
Konrad