It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 0:59:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 11:29:58 

ok Update... going from the telemetry screen ---to --spirit--settings activated it.???
I am now Working.. :) You made an old man... very happy man..
Can you clear up a few points please?
Recovery.....The smoothing factor 1-10 which is smoothest? 1 or ten?
The 6 degrees i can see its adjustment but where is activation to move to the 6 degrees?
I will order Another Spirit GT today for your efforts, can you send on a overnight ? (day or two) not that three legged donkey
that came last time, Please? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 11:56:39 
Site Admin

Smoothing factor - 0 is disabled, 10 maximum.
It is enough to change the value for a Geometry and it will switch to the configuration mode.

The integration scripts will be extended significantly soon to contain channel mapping and governor settings together with GeoLink.
Fortunately there are enough possibilities with Lua.

PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 17:22:30 

Hi,

Is it possible to get the uncompiled script for translation to German or make some changed?

PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 19:42:20 

On my heli with Spirit2 and Archer RS its not working. All Firmware and Software is up to date.

PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 22:16:09 

Loetefix wrote:
On my heli with Spirit2 and Archer RS its not working. All Firmware and Software is up to date.

Similar results for me. Telemetry works and opentx integration worked with same setup - ethos lua has bank parameter greyed out, no values under other menus at present.

X20s 1.4.2
Spirit-2 3.4.3
x4rsb 2.1.0 (sbus + s.port integration cable)

PostPosted: Fri 11. Nov 2022 22:19:56 

Here the same problem it does not work with the Spirit 2. No data is read, all fields remain gray.
I have tested with:

Archer RS via FrSky integration cable and via inverted S-Port.

RX6R with ACCESS and ACCST firmware

and with X4RSB with UNI firmware

..............no chance!

With the Spirit GT connected via F-Port it works more bad than good, sometimes 2 or 3 settings can be made and then the next time the system hangs up and nothing works. Then again no data is read and the Spirit hangs in config mode..........only remedy is then restart transmitter.

There is also no way to set the collective pitch values for Bank1 and Bank2.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Nov 2022 0:32:32 

X20S HD Running ethos 1.3 FW 2.2.2 (receiver TDMX 2.4 & 900m ) must have v1.0.8 latest update. (F.port-wired-rudd)
This configuration works, i flew 2 helis today both with spirit Gt.
I edited and adjusted many settings in between a flight took off and carried on, whilst that doesn't help immediately theres hope, I know full well how frustrating this is, but i'm sure with everyones efforts Tomas will get to the bottom of it, Receiver choice is playing a part in this right now.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Nov 2022 19:09:26 

UPDATE... For those that are pulling there hair out.

I just tried the Archer RS and the R9 SX…. Both Work for me. F-port in all cases.
the 6 deg Geometry with all three receivers is not useable, when you enter the setting nothing happens, you adjust it, nothing happens, you enter the changed number and the swashplate jumps to the side for a split second and back again, but its a blink of the eye. Also with all receivers i found the program could freeze, no way to exit, no way to enter, hit exit its say no and back to options , wont let you exit, just round in circles. power cycle sees you back in business, BUT a few times you go back into set up after powering up , light flashing so watch yourselves .
As i said sometimes i wont let you out.

TDMX RECEIVER WORKS WELL

PostPosted: Sun 13. Nov 2022 17:36:39 

Sometimes I just feel "dumb". :?

I was about to post here that the script is not working for me either. Until.... I realized that just opening the script doesn't do anything. You actually have to click the individual menus to get them populated.

The first time I ran the script, on a heli with a Spirit GT, I expected it to open up and populate the settings automatically, but it didn't do that, so I thought it was broken. Last night I was setting up a second heli, this time with an older Spirit (the red case model), and just on a whim I tried the Spirit script again, and again it didn't do anything, until I hit the Servo menu, and it populated all the information just fine. I tried all the other menus and they too work. I was even able to make changes, like reversing a servo, and it asked me if I was sure I wanted to do that, clicked yes, and it instantly reversed it.

The one change that was not very intuitive was the tail servo limits. Unlike the Spirit PC software where moving the slider moves the actual servo and you can see the tail pitch slider move, entering numbers doesn't do anything in real time, You have to change the value, then move the control stick to see the result, which ultimately is not that bad. After all, this is not intended to do full a full setup from here, rather this is for minor tweaking at the field.

I also clicked "Save Settings" at the end, but since I have the original release of the script (I haven't yet downloaded the updated one), there was no prompt the settings were saved, but they actually were. I powered everything off, radio and heli, then powered them back up, and the changes were still there.

So yes, it does work, just make sure you click the individual menus, General, Servos, Limits, etc to see the values, the information is not pulled automatically upon starting the script.

FWIW, this was tested with a X20S with the latest firmware (1.4.2 FCC), with the following combos:

Tarot 450 Pro w/Spirit + R9MM-OTA receiver with S-BUS inverter cable and Castle Talon 35 ESC
    Goblin Buddy 380 w/Spirit GT + RX4R receiver and Castle Edge 50 ESC

So far so good, I have 3 more helis with Spirit FBLs to port over from OpenTX and once they're done, I'll post the results.

PostPosted: Sun 13. Nov 2022 18:29:53 

OK, this is getting weird.

15 minutes after posting this I went back to my Tarot 450 to finish the setup, ran the Spirit script, and.... wait for it.... It's not working. Same setup as last night, before I shut everything off.

I just turned the radio on, plugged the battery in, waited for the FBL to initialize, and then went into the Spirit integration menu. Nothing I tried all the menus, nothing, I rebooted the FBL at least 4 times, nothing at all.

To make things weird, I also have a problem with the ESC telemetry. On all the other units I have I use a 10K Ohm resistor between the power and the signal lines to enable telemetry from the Castle ESC, and they all provide it. But on this Talon 35, when I try to spool up the motor, It starts spooling up for about 3-4 seconds, then turns off. I also noticed the ESC temp go up from like 39°C to 43°~44°C in a matter of 2-3 seconds.

I pulled the resistor off, and now I don't have ESC telemetry, Voltage, RPM, temperature, but the motor work fine.

What's wrong here? Does the ESC telemetry hack draw too much power (rather put to much a load on the ESC)?

Help!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next