It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:19:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 20. Jan 2022 16:02:14 

Hi !
I would like a pure ESC telemetry interface that works independently of any satellite connections (Sat1/Sat2) (perhaps galvanic isolation?) and cannot influence the signal transmission at the ports Sat1/Sat2 -

greeting
Matthias

PostPosted: Mon 31. Jan 2022 8:09:58 
Site Admin

Hi,

this interface is offered by Spirit GTR and Spirit RS units. There are two telemetry ports that are indepenent of SAT ports.
But even when using satellites, you can connect 2 Spektrum sats and have telemetry and GeoLink connected.

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 16:13:58 

Hi, Tomas !
As you know I have a spektrum transmitter (NX10) -
I am afraid that the ESC telemetry will be negatively influenced because, in principle, the SRXL2 protocol is also introduced via the sat2 connection with a second SRXL2 satellite, so in my opinion a self-sufficient ESC telemetry interface would make sense so that negative influences will be ruled out -

I just wanted to make this clearer and I am referring to the wildly changing telemetry values that occurred after unplugging and replugging the SRXL2 satellites.

Best regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 19:18:26 
Site Admin

Hi,

all ports are completely independent internally. Random values you are seeing is due to a software programming in the radio where it takes incomplete data and pass it to the display.
So even with special ports dedicated only for telemetry, there will be no change.
In other words, if you will enable telemetry, then one SAT port is completely disabled and ignored for SRXL2 and has zero influence regardless of what is done on other ports.

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 20:08:19 

Hi Thomas !
Ok, this is new information, so this must be a different problem than I first suspected - The question is, how can I reset the wrong display in the short term and then receive clean data packets from the telemetry again ? As you said in an previous post that telemetry data is a CRC-controlled data stream -

Is there here perhaps also a software (firmware) solution analogous to the Kontronik topic, that filters then the invalid values somehow out again ?
A solution for this would be ingenious !

Best regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 21:00:59 
Site Admin

Could you describe the problem little bit more?
The problem in other post is happening between Kontronik ESC and Spirit unit.
While in your case it could be between radio and receiver.

Can you let me know what ESC you are using? Is the problem happening in a real flight too?

PostPosted: Fri 04. Feb 2022 16:07:27 

Hi, Tomas!
As an ESC I had previously only equipped the YGE 65 LVT (my Align Dominator 450 L) with a 4651T SRXL2 satellite for the test - the telemetry worked both on the ground and in the air -
I did not fly the test variant with two SRXL2 satellites because it seemed too unsafe -
I've actually already explained the problem in another thread, but I'll write it down here anyway -

It was all about the subject of improved reliability using two spectrum SRXL2 satellites in conjunction with the new firmware 3.3.4 - one satellite connected via the AIL pin, the other via the sat2 interface. What should be checked is what happens when you unplug a satellite and then plug it back in - Let's start with the original launch, both satellites were rebound together with the remote control (NX10), then disconnected the battery and rebooted (including ESC telemetry) - In perfect display of the ESC telemetry in this situation, all values ​​plausible - voltage, current consumption, temperature, etc., all without any fluctuations or implausible values ​​-
After disconnecting a satellite, control was still possible, i.e. the other satellite maintained the connection without any problems - After the disconnected satellite was plugged in again, there was chaos on the telemetry display, such as very high currents (300 A), very high voltages (130 V), furthermore the telemetry display was no longer steady, but kept changing - only after the satellite was set out again was a plausible display available again - this convinced me that something must be wrong with the telemetry, especially since Mike (besekr) recorded implausible values ​​on the Spirit GT and that was the data from the ESC! So something happens when you unplug and then plug in the satellite, I don't know what exactly, but the telemetry then spins - maybe there is a way to filter it out using an appropriate filter (firmware), like with the Kontronik ESC?

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Wed 09. Feb 2022 8:32:57 
Site Admin

Thank you for explanation. Can you try the same with just one satellite?
The results should be identical. This finding can be helpful.

I am afraid but what besekr posted is different issue not related to yours.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Feb 2022 19:44:02 

Hi Tomas !
Today I have tested it with my Align Dominator 450 L the situation about only one SRXL2-Satellite, an 4651T -
To rememberance I have an YGE 65 LVT and Spirit II with firmware 3.3.3 -

The test situation is as follows, start the transmitter NX10, push in 6S-battery and start then the Spirit Settings -
Then I tested the two sticks in the diagnostic tabs, all works fine - I also started the motor (65%) and cut it by Hold - the
telemetry shows realistic data of voltage, rpm etc. -
After that I disconnected the 4561T - In the display of the NX10 was shown only "-" and no data - I tested the sticks and no reaction on
spirit settings, that's absolutely right because no connection of the 4651T (dark) -
I put the connection back in the 4651T and all works perfect again - no unrealistic datas where shown, all datas like before disconnection -
I tested the both sticks and in diagnostic tab all works correctly - I repeated the disconnection/connection two times more with the same result, no
negative changes, all datas were perfect stable in telemetry screen only the framelosses are set back to "0" and thats absolute normal !
In the addendum you see the flightlog of this test, here you can see receiver signal lost...two or three times I am not shure...

I think that that is the key, here it works all perfect (only one SRXL2-satellite) -
This suggests that something is wrong with the two satellite solution (SLRX2) - I'm curious to see what you will find out -

Best regards
Matthias

Attachments:
spirit-log-2022-02-09-185748.pdf [72.64 KiB]
Downloaded 41 times

PostPosted: Thu 24. Feb 2022 18:54:26 

Hi Tomas !
I have posted the wanted test at 09.02.22 and till that no reaction of you -
Can you please be so kind and give an reaction of my post ? Today we have the 24.02.22 are fifteen days not enough to give an reaction ? I know you are busy but please give an answer about that, with one SRXL2 satellite it works flawless - see my post before -

Thanks a lot in advance !

Best regards
Matthias