It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:31:34

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 19. Aug 2021 8:17:04 

Hello Tomáš,

I have made several flights with my Spirit GT (v3.3.2) and I'm experiencing drift of the pressure sensor during flight to such an extend that the trigger value moves new or even below ground level, which means I would crash into ground if I would rely on it at this point in time.

One suggestion - either as a replacement of the fixed trigger height (if drift cannot be eliminated by firmware) or as alternative trigger mode:

It would be good if the trigger point could be set in air at the moment the Automatic Rescue (AuR) is engaged. - Lets say I hover at 8m and engage the AuR. The unit uses the corresponding pressure value as the new trigger point.
Then I fly around and after a while I want to practice a risky maneuver and want to be sure that my AuR would work. Before I do this maneuver I disengage and reengage the AuR at the desired trigger altitude which will eliminate any drift the system may have accumulated up until that point. I think that this would be better than relying on an AuR system that may not trigger at all. An unreliable rescue mode is worse then no rescue mode at all.

What do you think?

Regards,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 19. Aug 2021 8:22:16 
Site Admin

Hello,

this can be implemented I believe. However there should be nearly no drift.
Have you updated to 3.3.2-r2?

For the highest precision it is good to warm up the model at the ground. After around two minutes of powerup there should be drift less than 5 cm.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Aug 2021 9:12:46 

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. I have updated to 3.3.2-r2 now and will do further tests once weather improves a bit.

I will update once I have more information.

Regards,
Bernd

PostPosted: Sun 29. Aug 2021 16:35:58 

Hello,

after several flights with my Spirit GT and 3.3.2-r2 if found the trigger limit to be more stable. I have had one case when I needed the rescue mode and it either triggered very low or I overruled it with my sticks. Difficult to tell in this case as the model was a bit far.

I still think it would be good to have a mode that lets the trigger altitude be set during flight at the moment the automatic rescue is engaged.
It would also be helpful to be able to activate the automatic rescue (and some others) when the bank is activated (see my other post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4833).

Another drawback of the current implementation of the automatic rescue activation is that there is no manual rescue possible when automatic rescue mode is activated. So in case the automatic rescue mode fails to trigger there is not even a possibility to hit the (momentary) switch that triggers resuce.

Best regards,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 02. Sep 2021 8:13:38 

Hello Tomáš,

yesterday I did another soft 3D flight with my TDSF at 1000 rpm in dry, sunny and very calm weather conditions.

My automatic resuce altitude limit - hard deck is set to 15m which result in an actual tigger altitude of about 6-8m above ground.
After several slow inverted reverse circules and a few piro flips my altitude limit had shifted to about 30m. Looking at the log I saw some negative altitude values which are probably due to pressure changes caused by rotor disc and motion through the air. Your implemtation in 3.3.2-r2 to reset negative altitude values to zero prevents that the trigger point shifts below ground but nevertheless it makes limits the automatic resuce function significantly. For 3D it is hardly usable as I would have to land, remove the canopy of the heli, cycle power, put the canopy back on to the mode and take off again. In this event I really would appreciate the ability to set the altitude limit during flight as I have suggested before. Such funtion would need to be descibed well, so that people clearly understand what to do (I can offer my help, I can do German and English). In this context it would also be helpfuly to have a parameter that can be selected in a bank to automatically engage a corresponding rescue mode at the moment the bank is selcted (should work for all modes except for the manual resuce modes). This would greatly simplify transmitter programming.

(see my other post here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4833 ).

I have also noticed that the altitude value on my Graupner MZ-32, after take off, mostly displays an altitude of 6-8m no matter at which altitude I fly. The max. altitude value on the radio does show the correct altitude that corresponds with the flight log. It appears that the value shown (GEN.Altitude) is not updating properly during flight.

I have attached the log file of the flight descibed above and two of my banks.

Best regards,
Bernd

Attachments:
File comment: The upload did not accept the log file unless it was zipped.
TDSF Log 36 - 2021-09-01.zip [46.76 KiB]
Downloaded 25 times
File comment: Automatic resuce bank
TDSF - Bank 2 - 2021-09-01.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 32 times
File comment: Manual rescue bank
TDSF - Bank 0 - 2021-09-01.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 26 times

PostPosted: Fri 03. Sep 2021 5:04:33 

Hi,
short update. Yesterday I did another flight with my TDSF. Again perfect weather conditions. I've tried to make a similar flight as the day before with even more climbs and inverted and reverse flying. Quite a number of piro flips as well.

This time the altitude limit stayed at its place perfectly throughout the flight. So up until now I have not yet been able to figure out why it sometimes work and why sometimes not. The altitude display on my MZ-32 still only showed up to 10m even though I hovered at higher altitude for a while. The max value stored by the radio was 59m.

Flight log is attached.

Regards,
Bernd

Attachments:
TDSF Log 37 - 2021-09-03.zip [43.96 KiB]
Downloaded 28 times

PostPosted: Sat 18. Sep 2021 18:43:59 

Hi,

I have made several flights with my TDSF at various terrains and various rpms, but mostly at 1000rpm and the automatic resue function behaved well and the rescue trigger altitude remaind quite stable at what corresponds to the the configured altitude.

BUT, today I flew again my TDSF with 1000rmp and each time I decended into the trigger altitude of the auto resuce it increased that trigger level by about the value set in the sofware. So after 5 times it triggered at around 50 to 70m above ground. My logs are showing negative altitude values down to -46m. Today was a calm evening with very low wind. I had landed and recycled power. After take off the same behavior was abserved again.

I hope there will be a fix for this issue soon. In another thread about wrong altitude telemetry I read that it could be related to low vibration levels of the heli. My TDSF seems to be running fairly smooth.

Another reason/motivation for having the ability to set the automatic rescue altitude during flight: During the last two weeks I flew at different locations. One was at a small cliff like location. It would have been so cool to just set the auto rescue altitude around or even below eye level as there was plenty of air below.

Log files are also attached as zip file.

Regards,
Bernd

Attachments:
Log 56 - 2021-09-18 19_16_14-Window.jpg
Log 56 - 2021-09-18 19_16_14-Window.jpg [ 118.79 KiB | Viewed 1092 times ]
TDSF logs 56 and 57.zip [49.75 KiB]
Downloaded 25 times
Log 57 - 2021-09-18 19_16_14-Window.png
Log 57 - 2021-09-18 19_16_14-Window.png [ 160.94 KiB | Viewed 1094 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 14:01:31 
Site Admin

Hello,

firmware with the requested feature is prepared for testing. If there is anybody interested please let me know. We can offer it to anybody interested.
There are also other improvements regarding Automatic Rescue such as configurable pressure compensation for inverted flight or possibility to see Altitude even when model is not flying.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Sep 2021 23:04:30 

interested ;)
thanks

PostPosted: Wed 22. Sep 2021 10:05:16 

I would like to test it.