It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 0:54:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 23. Sep 2021 14:25:48 
Site Admin

Yes, it is. You can see it through telemetry. But soon it will be visible also in the software.

PostPosted: Fri 01. Oct 2021 9:09:55 

Spaceman wrote:
Hi,

I have done my first tests with my GTs with version 3.3.3-spec and I love it. This is excactly the behavior I was hoping for - THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Test systems and conditions:
1) Protos Mini strechtched to 360 size with Spirit GT mounted vertically on the side of the frame, behind the canopy, connectors facing to the rear.
RPMs ~3600, 3900, 4200

2) Henseleit TDSF with the Spirit GT mounted behind the roto mast with connectors facing forward.
RPMs ~ 1000, 1150, 1270
Very calm sunny weather - no wind at all.

Obersvations:
1) I have done about 40 rescues at different trigger altitudes set and re-set during flight, all worked reliably at the desired level.
2) In inverted flight it triggered about 2m higher so in my case I redued the "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" parameter to 1m. However 2m is a good starting point
3) After the upgrade the new parameter "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" still showed the value of the previous setting for the Hard Deck. Perhaps this should be reset to the default value of 2m.
4) In the HoTT integration via telemetry the new parameter "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" is still called "Hard Deck", which should be changed. Might be the same for other radio integrations.
5) Not directly related to the changes in 3.3.3-spec, but worth pointing out in the Spirit GT/GTR documentation is that in forward flight the trigger level starts to shift. In my case (both, on the Protos Mini and on the TDSF) it shifted downwards by about 2-3m. So people should not start setting the trigger level too low before they have understood the trigger level shift at varous speeds of their specific model. I forgot to test how this effect behaves in fast reverse and in inverted forward and in reverse flight conditions.

My conclusion for now:

For me the changes in 3.3.3-spec are a huge step forward in making the auto-rescue more useful and more reliable.
I will make more flights, especially in different wheather conditions, and report if I make further observations. As pointed out before, in a future version I would be good to still have the ability to manually rescue while in auto rescue mode but for now I'm quite happy with the first step.

Cheers,
Bernd

Hello Bernd,

I wanted to thank you for the test reports. They are interesting and important for the rest of us. I have also been testing and despite not being a fan of this feature I have to commend how it works.

However, I have it set up so that I can use normal rescue at any time. I set it up in another bank and by activating the rescue, I switch banks at the same time. Even with this use, spirit remembers the original set height.

Netopyr

XL V2 700, Devil 380, Spirit GTR, Spirit RS, Spirit 2, Sir Edmunt Race, Bublinky, DS 12 a NETOPÝR

PostPosted: Fri 01. Oct 2021 9:23:46 

Netopyr wrote:
Spaceman wrote:
Hi,

I have done my first tests with my GTs with version 3.3.3-spec and I love it. This is excactly the behavior I was hoping for - THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Test systems and conditions:
1) Protos Mini strechtched to 360 size with Spirit GT mounted vertically on the side of the frame, behind the canopy, connectors facing to the rear.
RPMs ~3600, 3900, 4200

2) Henseleit TDSF with the Spirit GT mounted behind the roto mast with connectors facing forward.
RPMs ~ 1000, 1150, 1270
Very calm sunny weather - no wind at all.

Obersvations:
1) I have done about 40 rescues at different trigger altitudes set and re-set during flight, all worked reliably at the desired level.
2) In inverted flight it triggered about 2m higher so in my case I redued the "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" parameter to 1m. However 2m is a good starting point
3) After the upgrade the new parameter "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" still showed the value of the previous setting for the Hard Deck. Perhaps this should be reset to the default value of 2m.
4) In the HoTT integration via telemetry the new parameter "Altitude - Rotor Compensation" is still called "Hard Deck", which should be changed. Might be the same for other radio integrations.
5) Not directly related to the changes in 3.3.3-spec, but worth pointing out in the Spirit GT/GTR documentation is that in forward flight the trigger level starts to shift. In my case (both, on the Protos Mini and on the TDSF) it shifted downwards by about 2-3m. So people should not start setting the trigger level too low before they have understood the trigger level shift at varous speeds of their specific model. I forgot to test how this effect behaves in fast reverse and in inverted forward and in reverse flight conditions.

My conclusion for now:

For me the changes in 3.3.3-spec are a huge step forward in making the auto-rescue more useful and more reliable.
I will make more flights, especially in different wheather conditions, and report if I make further observations. As pointed out before, in a future version I would be good to still have the ability to manually rescue while in auto rescue mode but for now I'm quite happy with the first step.

Cheers,
Bernd

Hello Bernd,

I wanted to thank you for the test reports. They are interesting and important for the rest of us. I have also been testing and despite not being a fan of this feature I have to commend how it works.

However, I have it set up so that I can use normal rescue at any time. I set it up in another bank and by activating the rescue, I switch banks at the same time. Even with this use, spirit remembers the original set height.

Netopyr

Thanks Netopyr, I also thought about the switching bank method as a temporary workaround but have not yet had the time to set it up. Good to know that you are having positive results with this.

Cheers,
Bernd