It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:27:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 06. Dec 2020 11:42:30 

Hi Tomas,
Would it be possible to show the actual stick moves and the actual pitch degrees on the display of the
spirit sender the Jeti DS 12. It would be nice to check the moves during the flight.
Like i showed you on my added pictures.
best regards
Manfred

Attachments:
43B96915-A63B-44BD-8E78-7ADA7B26AF07.jpeg
43B96915-A63B-44BD-8E78-7ADA7B26AF07.jpeg [ 6.9 MiB | Viewed 557 times ]
6455F18C-5111-4C50-A03F-A54AD6261C2B.jpeg
6455F18C-5111-4C50-A03F-A54AD6261C2B.jpeg [ 6.5 MiB | Viewed 557 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 06. Dec 2020 11:50:52 
Site Admin

Hi,

it is visible at few places in Jeti radio.
You can see it also in the diagnostic tab in the integration menu. We can add pitch degrees too, but it might not be precise - depending on how precisely mechanics is configured.

Do you have some other imagination?

PostPosted: Wed 30. Dec 2020 9:25:04 

Hi Tomas!

Here are a few thoughts on how the stick moves are represented.

It would be great if you could place the crosshairs for both sticks in the home menu as shown in the photos, such as the telemetry data.

Then you could check during the flight whether you are in the center with the sticks. If you are exactly in the center, you can see the lines for Nick, Roll, etc. in the circle that represents the stick.

That would be very helpful for testing motor skills or stick movements. You could control the movements like on a flight simulator while flying.

The V-Bar has such a stick-moves function. There, however, the circles for the sticks are completely filled. It would be better if the sticks were only shown as circular lines and you could see the mentioned crosshairs for orientation. The advantage of the crosshair display compared to the bar display is that it can be grasped more quickly by the brain.

Maybe think about it again.

Attachments:
V-Bar Stickmoves.jpg
V-Bar Stickmoves.jpg [ 62.52 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 31. Dec 2020 8:58:40 
Site Admin

Hi,

all JETI radios have this feature in the System / View Input.
And all stick inputs can be logged.

But I guess you can't really check it when flying 3D maneuvers with one eye and with other one the model :)
JETI allow you to make audiable output depending on stick position. This might be better solution.

PostPosted: Thu 31. Dec 2020 13:04:03 

I like to keep my eyes on my heli when flying, this sort of thing can be done on the sim in safety.....my opinion...

PostPosted: Sat 02. Jan 2021 11:31:53 

10x wrote:
I like to keep my eyes on my heli when flying, this sort of thing can be done on the sim in safety.....my opinion...

+1... absolutely my opinion too. and IF you like to check it: log the sticks and check it later in Jeti Studio (as it is a DS-12).

PostPosted: Sun 17. Jan 2021 11:28:27 

For precise flying in normal and back position, the same pitch change in the positive direction as in the negative direction is important.
E.g. depending on the rotor speed + 3.5 ° pitch in normal position and -3.5 ° pitch in back position.
You can check this when the helicopter is stationary or when it flies at a very slow speed. You have to feel this pitch deflection with your fingers. Plus pitch in normal position; Zero Pitch in 90° position and the same negative pitch in back position as the positive value in normal positon.

Probably you can also do this training on the ground with the engine switched off.

But you can't take the feeling for the pitch deflection from the simulator at home to the model airfield.

There is a relatively large display on the DS 12 transmitter. If you had the option of displaying either the stick moves and the pitch value very large or even just the pitch value very large on one screen, this would be great for training finger feeling. You should be able to use almost the entire screen for this training screen.

In the current calibration screen in the system menu, the current display of the stick moves is a little too small to be able to see the finger movements easily.

And viewing the finger rashes recorded in the log after the flight is only helpful for later control, but not for training the finger movements.

The more precisely the finger movements can be made in the crosshair of the sender, the nicer the helicopter stays in place while flying.

I agree with you that you cannot do this all the time while flying fast, but you can do brief checks at the display if the speed is slow enough and if the presentation of the pitch value or the stick moves is sufficiently large. Then you can check your own finger movements very well. The finger movements are very important to do flips on the same place. E.g you can check the pitch value and the other finger positions after a flip is done and when the heli flies stationary.

Hopefully after my long explanation you can understand me in a better way now.

PostPosted: Sun 31. Jan 2021 20:09:55 

If it is adjustable on the telemetriescreen ist could look like on the added pictures.
Maybe only the actual pitch in degrees or the actual pitch and the stickmoves.

A parameter with the maximum positive and negative pitch value in degrees would have to be added in the settings.

Attachments:
IMG_Stickmoves.jpg
IMG_Stickmoves.jpg [ 614.51 KiB | Viewed 343 times ]
IMG_Pitch.jpg
IMG_Pitch.jpg [ 937.03 KiB | Viewed 343 times ]