It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:06:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 20. Oct 2020 7:53:06 

Hello,

Altitude hold function driven by gyro would be great.
It means not through GPS, but through gyro accelerometer.

Purpose:
1.) Stabilize vertical position on windy days - by the wind starts heli to ascend, when wind stops blowing, the heli starts to descend. This function should prevent this.

2.) Stabilize too fast descend by mistaken given too much negative pitch. It is suitable for scale helis, when you do not want to make 3D acrobatics. The scale helis are often very heavy (double of weight of 3D heli) so if you mistaken start to descend very fast, sometimes you can not slow the descend and recover heli from crash. This function should prevent this.

This function could react dependent on stick position. It means, if the pitch stick and/or cyclic sticks are in the middle, the altitude hold function got the full control and Spirit knows that all the movements of heli are caused by the wind. As more as you move the stick from center position, you override the altitude hold function and in max position it got no effect. This curve could be defined in settings.

This function should have less effect when the heli is moving to prevent unneeded corrections, when you want to dive or ascend in curves and play with heli.

So the best algorithm should be developed.

My biggest problem is when I hover with my scale heli and want to land. Sometimes if I mistaken give too much negative pitch, heli starts to descend very fast and I have to react immediatelly and slow her, otherwise it will be too late and heli crashes. This function should react faster than human and stabilize descend and help on windy days. Maybe max allowed descend speed could be defined in settings and should have the most effect in hovering not in the move, when I want to dive/ascent on purpose.

Max

Last edited by MaxSupercars on Tue 20. Oct 2020 7:59:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Oct 2020 7:58:28 
Site Admin

Hello,

we were already testing this years ago, but in many cases this is unusable because vibrations of the model are too high.
Accelerometer sensor can't work precisely in this environment.

But we will see, possibly it could be improved.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Oct 2020 8:03:29 

Hello here video for inspiration. All cheap helis got this function. Watch the video from 14:45 min:

https://youtu.be/VnskwwqB1qE

Max

PostPosted: Tue 20. Oct 2020 9:41:43 
Site Admin

But the problem is it is very different matter to make it work properly on micro helicopters and on all helicopters, especially nitro and gassers.
We dont want features that are usable only on 10% of the models.
So used technology must be significantly more advanced than there.