It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:56:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 09. Aug 2020 21:52:50 

Had a quick go with a Goblin 380 Kse today late at the field.

Bit of a pain to play with as the Jeti integration hasn't been updated yet so have to change the settings each time on the PC.

Also, not sure if we can actually compare with the vbar anti gravity as all I see it doing was adding what seems like expo to the pitch??

Be aware, the default setting seems to be at 50% which means I had almost 0 negative pitch. Set to 30% as recommended by the vbar crowd who use anti gravity and it worked better but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Completely appreciate this is a work in progress, just thought I would add some constructive comments.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon 10. Aug 2020 17:24:31 

ZeXx86 wrote:
http://www.spirit-system.com/dl/settings/spirit-3.1.1-win32.exe

is there a mac version ?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed 09. Sep 2020 21:56:48 

Is there any feed-back or updated software/firmware awailable ?
I am interessted to receive some recommendation of gravity setting - maybe based on weight or other parameters

PostPosted: Fri 11. Sep 2020 2:47:45 

fassla wrote:
Is there any feed-back or updated software/firmware awailable ?
I am interessted to receive some recommendation of gravity setting - maybe based on weight or other parameters

Hm... very interesting feature for small size and low rpm/power helicopters.
It's not easy to set it to make it to the right FEEL I guess.
Due to the RPM/Weight/Skill sets are different from heli to heli.

PostPosted: Fri 11. Sep 2020 8:14:20 

I just was wondering if I was the only one who tested.
I did some test on direct drive heli - rotor diameter approx 400mm and just scale flight mode with max 3200RPM - no 3D

PostPosted: Wed 16. Sep 2020 13:14:35 

Can I ask whether it would be possible to build on this concept and actually use the sensors in the Spirit to log collective performance of a model? If you can measure both collective input and the peak or typical acceleration achieved, it should be possible to accurately profile the collective performance of a model.

And it would then seem feasible to record a similar profile of a second model, and apply a map to the collective channel to mirror the performance of the original.

I could see this being useful for people who want consistent collective behaviour on a range of models, or even as a way to create consistent collective feel across different flight modes or headspeeds on the same model.

Is that something which might be possible?

PostPosted: Wed 16. Sep 2020 14:19:08 
Site Admin

No, the concept and whole Anti-Gravity is nothing else than one line in source code :) So really not any ground breaking technology :)
Unfortunately accelerometer measurements is usefull only in some cases. But what you are describing could be done someday in future.

Here you can test new Anti-Gravity update and few additional improvements.
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw//spirit-fw-3.1.31.4df

Now it has no effect on total Pitch Range. So you do not have to be afraid you will get a boom strike or excees configured mechanical limits.
As result also Tail performance will be preserved because we dont like method how Mikado implemented it.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Sep 2020 14:30:26 

Oh yes, I know that's not what anti-gravity does, but it made me wonder whether this would be something else that could be added as a feature in the future. It would be a step above anti-gravity for sure.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Sep 2020 16:22:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
No, the concept and whole Anti-Gravity is nothing else than one line in source code :) So really not any ground breaking technology :)
Unfortunately accelerometer measurements is usefull only in some cases. But what you are describing could be done someday in future.

Here you can test new Anti-Gravity update and few additional improvements.
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw//spirit-fw-3.1.31.4df

Now it has no effect on total Pitch Range. So you do not have to be afraid you will get a boom strike or excees configured mechanical limits.
As result also Tail performance will be preserved because we dont like method how Mikado implemented it.

Is there also a newer PC software availabe - or is the one referenced the page before still current.

PostPosted: Sat 19. Sep 2020 6:32:27 

Hello,
yesterday I installed Firmware 3.1.31.4 to try antigravity in my Warp 360.
Made 2 Banks, Bank 1 0%AG, Bank 2 30% AG.
If I switch to Bank2 Pitch jumps a little bit up and back, if I swich back to Bank 1.
Is it right this way?
Is there a test to try funcionality?

Many regards
Uwe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next