It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:22:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 17. Oct 2019 10:48:05 

It seems some settings require you to reconnect power to the FBL, and some other not. Some cause the Spirit to not work at all and you have to reconnect. With others Spirit seems to work, but you are not sure if changes are overtaken and if everything will run smoothly. So you reconnect anyway.

For example, I want to land the heli, adjust "rudder rotation rate" and take off again. Do I need to take off the canopy and reconnect the battery or not?

This is not clear, so I end up reconnecting. Maybe maybe this is not needed?

It would be great if it somehow would be clear in the software, which changes are instantly overtaken, and which require a restart. Especially in radio integration (like OpenTX scripts), but Windows software would gain too.

--------------

Additionally, if anything of this would ever be implemented: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3605

then it would be really neat, if all 2nd group things (settings / preferences) would not need a restart. Then it would be really clear. You change mechanical setup - you restart. You tweak settings - you don't have to.

--
UPDATE: having a documentation listing which things you can change and continue flying safely would obviously be some solution too... better than nothing ;)

PostPosted: Thu 17. Oct 2019 10:54:48 
Site Admin

Hello,

no settings require restart except Receiver Type change, GeoLink support and telemetry settings. In these you are informed about restart requirement. Simply things that you have to re-wire too to a different one if changing option.

All other settings are applied immediately.

PostPosted: Thu 17. Oct 2019 13:55:53 

Thanks, this is great news. Actually I thought I got Spirit locked after some change - collective stick was not doing anything and I had to restart, but I don't remember what it was... but I can't test now. But maybe some telemetry change was involved..

PostPosted: Thu 17. Oct 2019 14:07:10 
Site Admin

The Spirit unit should just do what is programmed. It should never lock or do something unpredictable. It could be just engaged Rescue mode or some kind of Stabilisation. It could be switched to other bank or similar scenarios.

PostPosted: Thu 17. Oct 2019 14:41:39 

Thomas, I'm not so sure ;) I saw my Spirit unit starting spoolup for ~1 sec duration when saving setting for no reason. I think I saw it both when saving settings in windows app and over OpenTX script. This happened several times. Good that I use a governor with soft spoolup, so the motor started slowly and stopped 1 sec later, no damage.

I suspect this is related to failsafe, I could have failsafe not set correctly. And I think this stopped happening after setting failsafe. But to me, going into failsafe when saving settings was unpredictable :)

PostPosted: Thu 31. Oct 2019 22:47:33 

azaz44 wrote:
Thanks, this is great news. Actually I thought I got Spirit locked after some change - collective stick was not doing anything and I had to restart, but I don't remember what it was... but I can't test now. But maybe some telemetry change was involved..

This happens frequently to me. I figured out all I have to do is engage then disengage the rescue from the transmitter and everything works correctly.