It is currently Sun 19. May 2024 15:45:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Wish List
PostPosted: Wed 25. Mar 2015 17:54:49 

Govenor is needed.
Govenor should;
1. Work with Gas, Nitro and Electric
2. For gas it must use stator gator for rpm input
3. Have enough ports to connect to Jeti using ex bus+rpm input+2 power inputs+5 servo outputs
4. Have a choice of on/off methods switch or stick switch.
5. Work with Jeti govenor control+turn off anytime autorotate is selected.

PostPosted: Mon 30. Mar 2015 10:24:43 

Madmatt986 wrote:
13: Safety feature: (this may already be implemented) I understand that upon initialization, if there is a problem, the swash will tipp fully forward to signal that there is an error. I think that it would be good for the throttle channel too also be blocked (constant < 1ms) in this condition to avoid spool up at all costs.

Blocking throttle channel would only work if throttle is connected to Spirit, which may not be the case in many setups.

What about:
13. Three times tipp swash fully forward to signal that there is an error. Less invasive than "block throttle", but better visible than only a single "swash tipp forward"

PostPosted: Tue 21. Apr 2015 17:10:51 

Some more ideas, some of them were discussed already in the Czech part of this forum :)

- Add Spektrum Binding in software
- hold motor off when an issue occurs during initialization - it could save your heli and money for new parts!
- add reverse button for pitch indicator (I use DSMX satellites, indicator for pitch in the second tab is reversed -> it affects more places in sw)
- check mode - I really like this feature in MSH Brain sw - "Check mode is used to setup servos and linkages. When selected, the gyros for the swash plate and tail are disabled, and stick dead band is dramatically increased making it simple to identify center stick possition during setup. Use this mode to set swash plate and tail servo maximum/minimum throws."
- see differences between settings used in banks

PostPosted: Wed 22. Apr 2015 13:03:29 

elfew wrote:
- Add Spektrum Binding in software

+1
+ add indicator about the stored fail-safe values (only for Spektrum satellites)

elfew wrote:
- add reverse button for pitch indicator (I use DSMX satellites, indicator for pitch in the second tab is reversed -> it affects more places in sw)

Sorry, I don't get what you mean. Could you explain this a bit more for dumb users?

elfew wrote:
- check mode - I really like this feature in MSH Brain sw - "Check mode is used to setup servos and linkages. When selected, the gyros for the swash plate and tail are disabled, and stick dead band is dramatically increased making it simple to identify center stick possition during setup. Use this mode to set swash plate and tail servo maximum/minimum throws."

Hmm, you mean a combination of the "Subtrim" page and the "Limits" page?
Sounds good.
+ Maybe additionally, there should be way to ignore the TX, and do subtrim and limits solely in the software - independent of the TX

elfew wrote:
- see differences between settings used in banks

I think, this is already there - in the mobile app ;)

PostPosted: Fri 08. May 2015 14:26:10 

1. Gov function. Work with Gas, Nitro and Electric. For gas it must use stator gator for rpm input. Have enough ports to connect to Jeti using ex bus+rpm input+2 power inputs+5 servo outputs. Have a choice of on/off methods switch or stick switch. Work with Jeti govenor control+turn off anytime autorotate is selected.

2. A 4th bank. 3 banks is nice but a 4th would be great so I can dedicate one to fail safe and possibly have the Bank channel -100 to -50 for Bank 0, -50 to 0 for bank 1, 0 to 50 bank 2, 50 to 100 for bank 3

3. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing.

DONE!!! 4. BEC Tester. A mode in the setup that will move the servos from full negative to positive pitch very quickly to test if the BEC can handle the load placed on it during rescue. Many of the rescue failures are due to inadequate BEC's and having a dedicated tester in the setup page may help avoid this for some people.

5. Running log of all flights or even if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated?

7. In the "sensor" tab under the "rotation speed" I'd like to see degrees instead of this number range (5 - 16) which mean nothing and don't resemble anything like I've seen so far. Degrees are way much more helpful and I can use the same exact setting as on RealFlight and other simulators. Needless to say that degrees should always correspond to reality; there would be no need for a menu that when you choose for example 720 degrees, the model rotates at 1.9 or 2.1 rotations per second...

DONE!!! 8. Every step you take during setup should be automatically saved. It's very annoying to have to do everything from scratch because you forgot to save in the end. Or add a warning when trying to exit without having saved the changes.

9. Set level during setup, and then the spirit remembers this until set again. This would alleviate having to have the Heli level when powering up.[/quote]

DONE!!! 10. Can we add a pitch pump effect?

DONE!!! 11. More control over the cyclic while in self level mode would be nice.

12. Divide stabilization mode into Stabilization Normal and Stabilization Acro.

13. Three times tipp swash fully forward to signal that there is an error. Less invasive than "block throttle", but better visible than only a single "swash tipp forward". Or maybe even hold motor off when an issue occurs during initialization. Or a choice for the user between the two? :P

14. Add Spektrum Binding in software and add indicator about the stored fail-safe values (only for Spektrum satellites)

15. Two separate Stop gain boxes/sliders for the tail rotor.
One CW (clockwise) and one CCW (counterclockwise). Makes tail tuning easier compared to only one slider for Rudder dynamic.

PostPosted: Fri 08. May 2015 14:35:49 

nougiw wrote:
3. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing.

I think this is possible since 1.1.0
I theory I have this setting.
But a bug with Failsafe and Spektrum Satelite prevents this to work for me. http://www.spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=554

PostPosted: Fri 08. May 2015 14:45:48 

nougiw wrote:
1. Gov function. Work with Gas, Nitro and Electric. For gas it must use stator gator for rpm input. Have enough ports to connect to Jeti using ex bus+rpm input+2 power inputs+5 servo outputs. Have a choice of on/off methods switch or stick switch. Work with Jeti govenor control+turn off anytime autorotate is selected. - Gov will be there in one of next firmware updates, Zexx will inform you when it will be done! :)

2. A 4th bank. 3 banks is nice but a 4th would be great so I can dedicate one to fail safe and possibly have the Bank channel -100 to -50 for Bank 0, -50 to 0 for bank 1, 0 to 50 bank 2, 50 to 100 for bank 3 - 3 are more than enought, maybe just add a rescue/stabilization mode as 4th bank and 3 banks use for different flight parametres

3. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing. - You set this now in your TX - find fail safe in your TX manual

5. Running log of all flights or even if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported - Problem with memory life, I dont see any point why to log everything

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated? - Not now, I didnt use this feature even in Vbar

7. In the "sensor" tab under the "rotation speed" I'd like to see degrees instead of this number range (5 - 16) which mean nothing and don't resemble anything like I've seen so far. Degrees are way much more helpful and I can use the same exact setting as on RealFlight and other simulators. Needless to say that degrees should always correspond to reality; there would be no need for a menu that when you choose for example 720 degrees, the model rotates at 1.9 or 2.1 rotations per second... - It is a little bit tricky as Zexx wrote, so degrees would not be correct

9. Set level during setup, and then the spirit remembers this until set again. This would alleviate having to have the Heli level when powering up. - better to set this each time when the battery is plug in - different temperature, humidity have a large impact on sensors! Keep it in your mind!

12. Divide stabilization mode into Stabilization Normal and Stabilization Acro. - Stabilization Acro - how should it work? I dont understand, it is just a rescue mode

13. Three times tipp swash fully forward to signal that there is an error. Less invasive than "block throttle", but better visible than only a single "swash tipp forward". Or maybe even hold motor off when an issue occurs during initialization. Or a choice for the user between the two? :P - I agree, I hope it will be there with GOV feature soon

14. Add Spektrum Binding in software and add indicator about the stored fail-safe values (only for Spektrum satellites) - Yes, my idea, I hope we can get this soon

15. Two separate Stop gain boxes/sliders for the tail rotor.
One CW (clockwise) and one CCW (counterclockwise). Makes tail tuning easier compared to only one slider for Rudder dynamic. - I dont agree, it could bring more issues than pros

PostPosted: Sat 09. May 2015 14:45:23 

#2 Since some people ask for 4, it means that 3 are NOT enough. Unfortunately our personal view doesn't matter. If you'd ask me, I'd say that 0 banks are enough, I don't see the use for them and I don't use 'em at all, but that's just me. Since some people have already been using the 3 of them and ask for a 4th and some even for a 5th, it means that some people need a 4th bank. At least.

#7 I don't understand "tricky". I could understand a good analytical description of the problem though. What is it, that renders it tricky? It is a six axis gyro, which can understand it's 3dimensional position and perform rescue, why can't it understand when it completes a 360 rotation and just precisely time it? Just a thought, I'd like to read some real analysis on the problem/how it works.

#12 This was someone's request and you can search for it to read it exactly a couple pages back, but as far as I understand I think that he meant to have two different stabilization modes. One stabilizing the heli to upright always and one stabilizing it to whichever is closer, upright or inverted.

#15 Explain please. Other units have it. I only see advantages (especially at the time where I happen to have this problem exactly, I experience unequal behavior cw to ccw)

PostPosted: Sat 09. May 2015 16:23:47 

#2 4th bank or IMHO better 5 banks
I agree, that 3 banks are more than enough for different flight parametres.
But as the various stabilisation / rescue modes are associated with bank you can consume banks very easy:
example:
- bank0 stabilization mode
- bank1 rescue mode
- bank2 failsafe (rescue with ~0° pitch)

Why 5 banks preferred over 4?
- compatibility with current TX settings (0% still selects middle bank)
- 6 Channel radios could get more options to set different rescue modes and gyro values. (with Spirit true for every PWM RX)

The only downside I can see may be memory limitations on the FBL
If this is the case, it may help, to let the additional banks inherit everything except stabi / rescue / gyro setting from the previous bank.
Than we might get:
bank0... -100% to -60%
bank0a... -60% to -20%
bank1..... -20% to +20%
bank1a.. +20% to +60%
bank2.... +60% to +100%

#12 Divide stabilization mode into Stabilization Normal and Stabilization Acro
The idea was, to have an "always upright" stabilization mode.
Right now, if you switch into stabilization mode while heli is inverted, Spirit will stabilize inverted.
Nice feature, but some people may want "unconditional upright stabilization" (similar to "rescue normal").

PostPosted: Sun 10. May 2015 2:10:45 

DONE!!! 1. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing.

DONE!!! 2. BEC Tester. A mode in the setup that will move the servos from full negative to positive pitch very quickly to test if the BEC can handle the load placed on it during rescue. Many of the rescue failures are due to inadequate BEC's and having a dedicated tester in the setup page may help avoid this for some people.

DONE!!! 3. Every step you take during setup should be automatically saved. It's very annoying to have to do everything from scratch because you forgot to save in the end. Or add a warning when trying to exit without having saved the changes.

DONE!!! 4. Can we add a pitch pump effect?

DONE!!! 5. More control over the cyclic while in self level mode would be nice.

DONE!!! 6. Gov function. Work with Gas, Nitro and Electric. For gas it must use stator gator for rpm input. Have enough ports to connect to Jeti using ex bus+rpm input+2 power inputs+5 servo outputs. Have a choice of on/off methods switch or stick switch. Work with Jeti govenor control+turn off anytime autorotate is selected.

DONE!!! 7. Add an always skids down stabilization mode dividing the existent one into Stabilization Normal and Stabilization Acro.

DONE!!! 8. Running log of all flights or even if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported

9. Add Spektrum Binding in software and add indicator about the stored fail-safe values (only for Spektrum satellites)

10. Provide the possibility for the unit to trigger directly the rescue function upon appropriate height value reception from the altimeter. I mean instead of having the value of height to go to the Tx via telemetry, run through the code in the Tx enabling a logical switch and transmitting "rescue now" back to the unit make it trigger locally on the heli.

11. Increase banks to 5: compatibility with current TX settings (0% still selects middle bank). 6 Channel radios could get more options to set different rescue modes and gyro values. (with Spirit true for every PWM RX). The only downside I can see may be memory limitations on the FBL. If this is the case, it may help, to let the additional banks inherit everything except stabi / rescue / gyro setting from the previous bank. Than we might get:
bank0... -100% to -60%
bank0a... -60% to -20%
bank1..... -20% to +20%
bank1a.. +20% to +60%
bank2.... +60% to +100%

12. Three times tipp swash fully forward to signal that there is an error. Less invasive than "block throttle", but better visible than only a single "swash tipp forward". Or maybe even hold motor off when an issue occurs during initialization. Or a choice for the user between the two? :P

13. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated?

14. Two separate Stop gain boxes/sliders for the tail rotor.
One CW (clockwise) and one CCW (counterclockwise). Makes tail tuning easier compared to only one slider for Rudder dynamic.

15. In the "sensor" tab under the "rotation speed" I'd like to see degrees instead of this number range (5 - 16) which mean nothing and don't resemble anything like I've seen so far. Degrees are way much more helpful and I can use the same exact setting as on RealFlight and other simulators. Needless to say that degrees should always correspond to reality; there would be no need for a menu that when you choose for example 720 degrees, the model rotates at 1.9 or 2.1 rotations per second...

16. Set level during setup, and then the spirit remembers this until set again. This would alleviate having to have the Heli level when powering up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next