It is currently Sun 19. May 2024 15:06:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Wish List
PostPosted: Thu 20. Nov 2014 19:35:27 

A few things that would be nice to see on future updates:

1. Gov function. This has been stated to be coming and I can't wait. I much prefer FBL govs over ESC Govs or throttle curves

2. A 4th bank. 3 banks is nice but a 4th would be great so I can dedicate one to fail safe and possibly have the Bank channel -100 to -50 for Bank 0, -50 to 0 for bank 1, 0 to 50 bank 2, 50 to 100 for bank 3

3. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing.

4. BEC Tester. A mode in the setup that will move the servos from full negative to positive pitch very quickly to test if the BEC can handle the load placed on it during rescue. Many of the rescue failures are due to inadequate BEC's and having a dedicated tester in the setup page may help avoid this for some people.

5. Running log of all flights or even it if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated?

That's all I can think of for now! It's hard to think of improves on such a great unit! Thanks for all the support Tomas!

Post subject: Re: Wish List
PostPosted: Wed 26. Nov 2014 3:17:13 

Set level during setup, and then the spirit remembers this until set again. This would alleviate having to have the Heli level when powering up.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Nov 2014 7:33:17 

Jman841 wrote:
A few things that would be nice to see on future updates:

1. Gov function. This has been stated to be coming and I can't wait. I much prefer FBL govs over ESC Govs or throttle curves

2. A 4th bank. 3 banks is nice but a 4th would be great so I can dedicate one to fail safe and possibly have the Bank channel -100 to -50 for Bank 0, -50 to 0 for bank 1, 0 to 50 bank 2, 50 to 100 for bank 3

3. Upright only rescue mode with either 0 pitch or up to 5% pitch for failsafe setup. This can possibly reduce the rate that the heli will hit the ground and ensure it hits skids first to help prevent damage by letting the skids absorb some of the initial inpact. It can be done right now with self level mode, however, if the SL mode levels it out in the inverted state that may not be a good thing.

4. BEC Tester. A mode in the setup that will move the servos from full negative to positive pitch very quickly to test if the BEC can handle the load placed on it during rescue. Many of the rescue failures are due to inadequate BEC's and having a dedicated tester in the setup page may help avoid this for some people.

5. Running log of all flights or even it if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated?

That's all I can think of for now! It's hard to think of improves on such a great unit! Thanks for all the support Tomas!

+1 for all but specially for four banks (we need extra room for play with all the features) !!!!

PostPosted: Thu 04. Dec 2014 13:28:08 

Jman841 wrote:

7. In the "sensor" tab under the "rotation speed" I'd like to see degrees instead of this number range (5 - 16) which mean nothing and don't resemble anything like I've seen so far. Degrees are way much more helpful and I can use the same exact setting as on RealFlight and other simulators. Needless to say that degrees should always correspond to reality; there would be no need for a menu that when you choose for example 720 degrees, the model rotates at 1.9 or 2.1 rotations per second...

Edit: looking for my failsafe problem made me think something. I think that you can achieve 3 already. You could use the following preset values with custom failsafe in Taranis: 5% value on collective, the appropriate value for channel 7 that would correspond to a bank where you have set the stabilization to rescue normal(skids down leveling) and -60 for gyro gain value. If I get this right, upon signal loss it would turn immediately to the bank that normal acro is implemented when rescue is activated, it should activate rescue right away since the gain value is negative and after spirit levels upright the heli for you, you could watch it falling with the amount of pitch on the blades that you wish for (i.e. 5%). I don't know if I'm right because I don't use banks and I'm not familiar with the concept, but I think it should work... and if it does work, you could take it one step further implementing all those values on your hold switch! Hmmm, I think I may have to reconsider using banks...

PostPosted: Thu 18. Dec 2014 15:05:35 

nougiw wrote:
Jman841 wrote:

7. In the "sensor" tab under the "rotation speed" I'd like to see degrees instead of this number range (5 - 16) which mean nothing and don't resemble anything like I've seen so far. Degrees are way much more helpful and I can use the same exact setting as on RealFlight and other simulators. Needless to say that degrees should always correspond to reality; there would be no need for a menu that when you choose for example 720 degrees, the model rotates at 1.9 or 2.1 rotations per second...

8. EVERY step you take during setup should be automatically saved. It's very annoying to have to do everything from scratch because you forgot to save in the end. Besides, this is true for every other gyro I've seen so far, so why not for spirit too?

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jan 2015 10:56:28 
Site Admin

1. Gov function - OK

2. A 4th bank - we are thinking about it, but it is problematic with mostly all transmitters.

3. we can do this.

4. BEC Tester - is in plan.

5. Running log of all flights or even it if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported - this is unfortunately technically not possible as it wear FLASH memory quite a lot. So it can destroy internal memory to the extent that unit can be damaged in 1-5 years approximately.

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated? - we are working on it for very long time, but it is very difficult to determine correct gains as it is relative what is good enough and bad.

7. this is little bit complicated as calculated speed is only theorethical and is different across each helicopter. But we are thinking about it for longer time.

8. It actually is stored in the unit - each change is immediatelly transmitted to the unit so even after software is disconnected it is there.
Software and wizard is asking you anytime when the settings is changed if you wish to save it, but if you selected No, you can save it even later and even continue in it.
But it is not stored permanently, until you are sure it is really good. This will prevent that you saved some settings that does not work for you. Old settings is returned then.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jan 2015 12:35:58 

ZeXx86 wrote:
1. Gov function - OK

2. A 4th bank - we are thinking about it, but it is problematic with mostly all transmitters.

3. we can do this.

4. BEC Tester - is in plan.

5. Running log of all flights or even it if it only saves issues, allow it to continue to record if a problem is reported - this is unfortunately technically not possible as it wear FLASH memory quite a lot. So it can destroy internal memory to the extent that unit can be damaged in 1-5 years approximately.

6. Not sure if this is possible but is there a way to do a similar thing to trim flight where the unit can detect what the proper cyclic and tail gains are when activated? - we are working on it for very long time, but it is very difficult to determine correct gains as it is relative what is good enough and bad.

7. this is little bit complicated as calculated speed is only theorethical and is different across each helicopter. But we are thinking about it for longer time.

8. It actually is stored in the unit - each change is immediatelly transmitted to the unit so even after software is disconnected it is there.
Software and wizard is asking you anytime when the settings is changed if you wish to save it, but if you selected No, you can save it even later and even continue in it.
But it is not stored permanently, until you are sure it is really good. This will prevent that you saved some settings that does not work for you. Old settings is returned then.

point 2 (four banks)

on Futaba it's very easy with mixers
on Taranis with mixers ( very very very easy to do )
on Spektrum i don't have one but i think it's possible with mixers too
other brands i don't know but perhaps mixers again ??

See this video for an old way to do it with V-Stabi
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=mer ... ksetup.wmv

Last edited by gelatmi1 on Sun 04. Jan 2015 15:47:51, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jan 2015 12:46:45 

1) Gov will be a really nice addition.
2) A 4th bank would bring more problems across users because of using different transmitters.
3) I agree, it is a nice and useful addition. I dont know any other fbl unit which has this function. Another nice improvement for Spirit rescue system!
4) I agree, it is a nice and useful addition - it can save many models. I hope it will be added soon :)

5) FLASH memory has very limited life, so it is not a good idea.
6) It is in vbar units, am I right?
7) I agree - degrees would be better - for example MSH Brain unit uses degrees.
8) Not good idea - again limited life of flash memory.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jan 2015 17:31:31 

In point 2. I disagree. If the spirit can support 4 banks, it does not mean you have to use 4. For the Txs that can support it, they can use it. For the Txs that can only support 3 banks, that works as well and function has not changed.

I did not think about flash memory life. Good point.

Thanks for the responses as always!

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jan 2015 17:37:05 

Jman841 wrote:
In point 2. I disagree. If the spirit can support 4 banks, it does not mean you have to use 4. For the Txs that can support it, they can use it. For the Txs that can only support 3 banks, that works as well and function has not changed.

I did not think about flash memory life. Good point.

Thanks for the responses as always!

+1 for point 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next