It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 2:17:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 15:35:26 

Hi,

Is it possible to add the possibility to set Failsafe at hold the last servos position and cut the throttle.
I read this post and I can't really debate on this, It seems really logic to me.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=14

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 21:49:09 
Site Admin

Hi,

you can program Failsafe with Spirit unit as you wish.
It only depends on the channel position you will save.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 22:09:49 

I'm now using a AR 7700 with SRXL is it better to set Failsafe with the receiver when binding or within Spirit ?

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 22:20:38 

lostmyheli wrote:
I'm now using a AR 7700 with SRXL is it better to set Failsafe with the receiver when binding or within Spirit ?

I do prefer set the failsafe in the unit cause it will cover both case.

If you lost the signal between the transmitter and receiver and/or cut the link between the receiver and unit.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 22:23:54 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

you can program Failsafe with Spirit unit as you wish.
It only depends on the channel position you will save.

Of course, but this is a static position that you set, this is not the last input position from the transmitter at the moment the signal loss event happens, there is the point.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 22:31:31 
Site Admin

With the flybared helicopter last input was probably the best option, but with FBL, if you will loose the signal and leave there a last input it will cause that the helicopter might uncontrollable flip or roll.
While if you will save channels in the center, the helicopter will just continue to fly in the same direction and possibly just fall. Throttle should be turned off.
This will also allow you to enable Stabilisation mode which will put the model into the horizontal mode so damages can be greatly reduced.

So failsave with channels in the center (+ throttle hold) is the safest way that helicopter can fall.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Apr 2017 23:44:10 

That's how I set my failsafe, controls in neutral position, pitch at hover degrees, throttle hold (cut) and normal Stabilization. In hope to minimize damage.

PostPosted: Sat 06. May 2017 17:55:47 

I'm really surprised this is still being debated, and even more surprised the Spirit is on the side of zero pitch. The primary danger from helicopters is the spinning rotor. Going to zero pitch on failsafe is a good way to keep the helicopter dangerous as it suddenly changes direction. Hold position is safer because it bleeds off that dangerous energy quickly. That's why it's the default (or only) option on many FBLs. Why not at least give us hold position as an option?

PostPosted: Sat 06. May 2017 21:05:33 

jarhart wrote:
I'm really surprised this is still being debated, and even more surprised the Spirit is on the side of zero pitch. The primary danger from helicopters is the spinning rotor. Going to zero pitch on failsafe is a good way to keep the helicopter dangerous as it suddenly changes direction. Hold position is safer because it bleeds off that dangerous energy quickly. That's why it's the default (or only) option on many FBLs. Why not at least give us hold position as an option?

I was thinking the same thing, good idea to lets us the choice. I promise you that I will set it at hold position.

PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2017 13:35:40 
Site Admin

jarhart: because if you will hold the position, it can be in absolutely any position - you can't expect what it will be and what consequences it will cause.
If there is single configured position, you will always know. Adding more points of certainty can always minimize possible damages.

Next reason is, that if you will set non zero pitch that is too high, it will very likely also cause boom strike at the impact which mean next major damages even if the rotor is not spinning at all - this is possible to prevent.
If you want to be sure that the rotor is stopped but in the correct direction, then you can activate the rescue mode with a slight angle.
Then all the problems are solved in the best way.

Failsafe with Hold option can be also programmed in the radios if supported.