It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:47:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 28. Oct 2015 19:56:12 

Is it possible to include a separate pitch in the "acro delay"-box, that is activated after the "acro delay"-time has ran out? So it's possible to slow down the pitch after the heli has gone from "Acro rescue" to "Normal rescue"? I have my helis set up this way using a delay between two banks, but it would be nice if this could be set up directly in the software also.

PostPosted: Sat 21. Nov 2015 13:20:19 

Helmet wrote:
Is it possible to include a separate pitch in the "acro delay"-box, that is activated after the "acro delay"-time has ran out? So it's possible to slow down the pitch after the heli has gone from "Acro rescue" to "Normal rescue"? I have my helis set up this way using a delay between two banks, but it would be nice if this could be set up directly in the software also.

Hi Helmet,
an convenient option would be imho as well to allow manual pitch control in stabilized mode after "acro delay" has run out.
This allows the pilot to control rate of climb and even allows for a cotrolled hover.
Similar to a stability mode for beginners. ;)
BR Martin

PostPosted: Sat 21. Nov 2015 16:16:55 

It's already there.

It's called "let go of the Rescue switch and you will get control back".

PostPosted: Sat 21. Nov 2015 16:24:41 

kramrle wrote:
Helmet wrote:

Hi Helmet,
an convenient option would be imho as well to allow manual pitch control in stabilized mode after "acro delay" has run out.
This allows the pilot to control rate of climb and even allows for a cotrolled hover.
Similar to a stability mode for beginners. ;)
BR Martin

That is of course an alternative. But there is a backside of this, and that is if you are REALLY lost and the collective-stick is left at full negative when you press the panic-button, the heli will rocket downwards again when the "arco delay" has ran out. But if the heli stops climbing and just "floats" in the air, you will have plenty of time to get control of the situation, whatever position the collective stick is left at.

As I wrote in the first post, I have my helis set up this way using banks. When I push the button the heli will shoot up in the air at 100% pitch, whatever orientation is closest to horizontal. After about 3 seconds the heli will turn into upright orientation (if it rescues inverted), and then it will just float in the air at 30% pitch. Just try it, and you will see how nice this is. :)

Although Coco66 has a point, it is possible to make it work the way you want also. You just have to make the Spirit switch to "Stabilization (Normal)" mode instead of "Rescue (Normal)", after the "Acro delay" has ran out.