It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 5:06:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 17. Aug 2015 18:30:01 

Hi don't no if anyone can help me on this one or not, I'm currently using a DX9 and use a 3 way switch set up as position 1 is normal flying, position 2 (middle) is bailout and position 3 is also bailout.

What I would like to do is set that same switch as follows:- position 2 (middle) is normal flight, position 1 is stable mode, and position 3 is bail out.

so basically I'm flying with switch in the centre position, then when I'm learning inverted flight I can go inverted then flick the switch to position 1 into stable mode, if I then want bail out I flick the switch all the way forward to position 3 and I have bail out.

I realize this can be done by activating bank switching and setting one bank as stable and as bail out, my problem is if I'm in stable mode and want bail out I would need to activate the correct bank then activate bail out which is 2 separate switch's.

I hope this makes sense

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Mon 17. Aug 2015 18:41:45 
Site Admin

Hi

The easiest solution is to unassign Gyro Gain function in the General tab/Channels and change Bank function to Channel 5 (channel that was used for Gyro Gain function).

Then you will configure Bank 0 - in Sensor/Rudder Gain value to approx. -60% of value that you are using for flying.
In the Stabi tab/Function you can set Stabilisation mode.
For Bank 1 Rudder Gain will be 60%, Function to Disabled.
For Bank 2 Rudder Gain -60%, Function to Rescue.

Then in the transmitter you only want that Bank Switching is performed by changing Gyro value, respectively your 3-state switch will set different "Gyro Gain" that will choose correct bank.
So for Bank 0, value of -100%, Bank 1 0%, Bank 2 100%.

This can be done in more ways in the transmitter.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Aug 2015 19:19:25 

Yes the way tomas said is the easiest way. I had the same setup on my dx8 its good setup for learning inverted. Since i got my dx9 its now programmed a little different with even more options to play with as the dx9 is alot more assignable with the switches than the dx8 was

Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Trex 550fl spirit. Heli-x sim. NeXt sim. Pheonix sim. Fms p51 1400 spirit. Coolice 2400watt psu. Pl6. Icharger 206. Peter lynn twister 5.6. Dx9. TM1000.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Aug 2015 20:51:06 

That's great think I have it sorted now, just one thing am i correct in thinking for inverted hover practice i need Stability normal and not Stability Acro?

Many Thanks for your prompt reply once again great service form the Spirit Team.

Regards Alan.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Aug 2015 4:53:00 

If you want stability when inverted you want acro. Normal will always stabalise right side up (skids down)

Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Trex 550fl spirit. Heli-x sim. NeXt sim. Pheonix sim. Fms p51 1400 spirit. Coolice 2400watt psu. Pl6. Icharger 206. Peter lynn twister 5.6. Dx9. TM1000.

PostPosted: Sat 22. Aug 2015 20:02:48 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi

The easiest solution is to unassign Gyro Gain function in the General tab/Channels and change Bank function to Channel 5 (channel that was used for Gyro Gain function).

Then you will configure Bank 0 - in Sensor/Rudder Gain value to approx. -60% of value that you are using for flying.
In the Stabi tab/Function you can set Stabilisation mode.
For Bank 1 Rudder Gain will be 60%, Function to Disabled.
For Bank 2 Rudder Gain -60%, Function to Rescue.

Then in the transmitter you only want that Bank Switching is performed by changing Gyro value, respectively your 3-state switch will set different "Gyro Gain" that will choose correct bank.
So for Bank 0, value of -100%, Bank 1 0%, Bank 2 100%.

This can be done in more ways in the transmitter.

Hi i have set the unit up you sugested above and test flew today, how do i now adj the tail gain as i tried adj the Rudder Gain in the software (Giro Gain) I started at the -60 60 -60 the tail was verry sloppy and did not hold, i ended up at -83 83 -83 but it was making no diffrence.

Also when i switch to Stab mode the heli kept drifting left, yet or normal flight was fine.

Reagards Alan

PostPosted: Sat 22. Aug 2015 20:10:17 

To adjust the tail gain aswell as having bailout with bank switching you need to assign 2 switches. One will be channel 5 your gyro gain and other will be channel 7 for bank switching. This way you will have adjustable tail gain from the tx aswell as more bailout options. Ie you are learning inverted flight with the help of stability you get in trouble your bank switch will bail you out. Your trying new moves in normal mode your gyro gain switch will bail you out. This is with bank 0 normal stab bank 1 acro stab and bank 2 rescue normal

PostPosted: Sat 22. Aug 2015 20:27:24 

djhandz wrote:
To adjust the tail gain aswell as having bailout with bank switching you need to assign 2 switches

Thanks for your reply,

quote from the manual:-

Rudder Gain – This controller is enabled only in case of unassigned Gyro gain
channel. It replaces function of Gyro gain from the transmitter,
so you can directly set the value in the software.

The way i read this is the gyro gain is set by adj the value on the sensor page (rudder gain).

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 3:13:29 

ajbwn wrote:
djhandz wrote:
To adjust the tail gain aswell as having bailout with bank switching you need to assign 2 switches

Thanks for your reply,

quote from the manual:-

Rudder Gain – This controller is enabled only in case of unassigned Gyro gain
channel. It replaces function of Gyro gain from the transmitter,
so you can directly set the value in the software.

The way i read this is the gyro gain is set by adj the value on the sensor page (rudder gain).

Regards Alan

Yes this is correct when you un assign the gyro channel for people with say a dx6 but you have a dx9 so you dont need to unassigne the gyro channel which in turn will give you more options to play with

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 11:11:23 
Site Admin

I believe that your settings is OK, when your Gyro Gain function is unassigned in the software you are controlling Rudder Gain in the software, not in the transmitter.

For beginner it is easier so you can stay with it.

You can increase your Gyro Gain even more, until you see any difference. It should be as high as possible until you will see tail oscillations (during pitch pump or fast forward flight).

What is your helicopter and tail servo? I can help you with correct values for Rudder Delay and Piro Consistency which are very important.