It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:35:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 15. May 2023 19:06:16 

Hi,
I plan to test RTH and have a question how it behaves: When I switch it off, will I be immediately able to take over control? Do you recommend to set the RTH position manually when testing it the first time?
Many thanks

Stefan

PostPosted: Wed 17. May 2023 11:34:41 

If you set up return to home4 it will return to where you lifted off. Saves either pre setting somewhere or setting it every time your out.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2023 11:09:29 

Thanks a lot!
In general I know how RTH is working but it seems that some have an issue with the detection of the lift of position. I am just asking myself if I can interrupt the RTH anytime if something is going wrong and if I should manually set the position when testing the first time to be on the safe side?

Many thanks for your opinions.

BR

Stefan

crashappy69 wrote:
If you set up return to home4 it will return to where you lifted off. Saves either pre setting somewhere or setting it every time your out.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 09. Jun 2023 15:51:35 

To use RTH you ned to set your geolink return to home at function 4. i think that was at 65% switch.

When you connect your battery and receiver, let it get satelite signal for at least 20/30sec before you take off! This will be your rth gos point. You can activate and disable when ever you want! Remember to update and correctly setup your geolink in separate menu. Also altitude height at around 20m minimum

BUT!! There is a big but!

I dont believe spirit has done any changes yet to settings/sw..

Ryh is EXTREMELY violent!!

Depending on your cyclic/pitch settings it csn be really harsh to the heli at the time activated. Its instant and to be honest really half done. You risk a bladestrike or broken main gear..

You can see what i mean in my video. Happened 2 times to me that my main gear gets stripped

There is no smoothing /limit settings for rth.. only rescue.. not the same thing
https://youtu.be/YPp81ieFFcg

PostPosted: Tue 13. Jun 2023 14:23:05 

Thanks a lot Rdlx3m.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

Have you spoken with Spirit about the behavior?

Many thanks again.

Rdlx3m wrote:
To use RTH you ned to set your geolink return to home at function 4. i think that was at 65% switch.

When you connect your battery and receiver, let it get satelite signal for at least 20/30sec before you take off! This will be your rth gos point. You can activate and disable when ever you want! Remember to update and correctly setup your geolink in separate menu. Also altitude height at around 20m minimum

BUT!! There is a big but!

I dont believe spirit has done any changes yet to settings/sw..

Ryh is EXTREMELY violent!!

Depending on your cyclic/pitch settings it csn be really harsh to the heli at the time activated. Its instant and to be honest really half done. You risk a bladestrike or broken main gear..

You can see what i mean in my video. Happened 2 times to me that my main gear gets stripped

There is no smoothing /limit settings for rth.. only rescue.. not the same thing
https://youtu.be/YPp81ieFFcg