It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024 2:49:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: the 2nd Crash in a row
PostPosted: Tue 02. May 2023 9:17:24 

the 2nd crash in a row :-( In the meantime I've had the 2nd crash in a row. My guess is that the system doesn't communicate properly with the SBUS2. I've now installed the Spirit system in all helicopters. I had it with the 2 Gt Connect and run for the telemetry via the SBUS2. Always after the start after 1/2 minute it tipped over uncontrollably from a height. (Futaba T16iz, Goblin770, GT and a R7008SB)
It's getting annoying to fly in the 2 helis without telemetry. If I can't find a solution, there's nothing left but to sell all Spirits again :-(

PostPosted: Tue 02. May 2023 9:47:05 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you describe your wiring?
Can you reproduce the problem without blades?
SBUS telemetry is supported for many years and there was no change for years too. So I guess it is not related to telemetry at all.

PostPosted: Tue 02. May 2023 9:58:26 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

SBUS telemetry is supported for many years and there was no change for years too. So I guess it is not related to telemetry at all.

All functions without blades were ok
In all other helicopters the connection is on the SBUS. The connection to the SBUS 2 is only on the 2 because I wanted to use the telemetry. Wiring is laid as described in the instructions, as in all of my helicopters, but only on the SBUS. I read in the Futaba forum that the same thing had already happened

PostPosted: Tue 02. May 2023 10:03:50 
Site Admin

Unfortunately without any additional information we can't help you.
For now we only know there was some crash. Please note Spirit is used on models around the world and there are many, many possibilities how something can go wrong.
So we have to know everything about your model and about the problem to be able to help you.

PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2023 9:44:45 

Heiko2207 wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

All functions without blades were ok
In all other helicopters the connection is on the SBUS. The connection to the SBUS 2 is only on the 2 because I wanted to use the telemetry. Wiring is laid as described in the instructions, as in all of my helicopters, but only on the SBUS. I read in the Futaba forum that the same thing had already happened

Basicly says it all! FUTABA!

My first heli i built 3 months ago just flew away from me with futaba and spirit pro!
Just like return to home switched on, but in a different place. Heli just took off so i had to turn off engine. Could not do anything to it

Total carnage!

Went over to frsky x20 never had any issues after! One heli is on GT other on pro. And they both are on fport setup.

PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2023 21:10:18 
Site Admin

I am sure the problem is not "Futaba". Because very same thing can happen with any other radio. The only problem is usually when something is overlooked.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Jun 2023 14:12:29 

why don't you start to record logs?
current voltage to see if the current coming from the bec is constant.
the signal to see if it loses signal and goes into fail safe
vibration to see if there are peaks that drive him crazy.
ecc ecc.
you begin to understand.
and go to the desk remove the blade, start the engine and you stand there for 5 minutes always moving the swashplate servos you have to simulate a real flight.
and you continue until it happens again but nothing happens because it is safe.
Keep going until it happens again on the desk.
if after so many times it doesn't happen start trying walking away from the model, maybe get a friend to help you.
If it doesn't happen yet it means that it only happens under load.
but you have to recreate that situation and through the logs of the spirit gt you begin to understand why this happens.
a question do you use hot glue on all connectors? make sure it's not a bad plug contact? it can happen, especially if you don't use hot glue or if the hot glue was not put right.
It usually has to touch the plug and a surface where it should take, if you just put it on the plug that's no good