It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 9:44:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 18. Nov 2022 21:39:32 

I've been thinking of putting a Spirit II into my old Gaui 200 Hurricane flybarred heli. If anyone recalls, it was a fun heli, but quite twitchy due to it's small size. I think the Stabilization features in the Spirit II will make it more enjoyable to fly.

I know that in the Spirit Configurator, on the Advanced tab, in the Expert Setting, there is a Flybar Mechanic setting that you can enable which allows the Spirit II to work with a flybar head.

My question is... does enabling the Flybar Mechanic setting prevent the Spirit II from providing flybar functionality, or does it work in conjunction with the flybar to provide flybar functionality? Asked another way, would my flybarred heli fee the same it does if I didn't have a Spirit II, or would it feel more "locked in" because the Spirit II is working in conjunction with the flybar to create that "locked in" feeling you get when using a FBL controller?

Trying to anticipate what it will feel like:

Flybar head without Spirit II.... has that old school flybar feeling :roll:

FBL head with Spirit II... has that "locked in" feeling that a mechanical flybar just doesn't have :D

Flybar head with Spirit II...will it feel like that old school flybar feeling, or will it have that "locked in" feeling? :?:

PostPosted: Fri 18. Nov 2022 22:17:06 

Quote:
Flybar head with Spirit II...will it feel like that old school flybar feeling, or will it have that "locked in" feeling? :?:

No ...
I've been setting up Spritit units on several heli with flybar head:
The heli then allows you to fly almost like with a flybar head, but in the GENERAL settings on Spirit SW you can set Flight style ...
My experience is that the heli in this combination can be "good" ala a scale model or even wild like the original flybar heli.

Flight style
Sets how the model will behave in flight. This parameter is used to control and adapt flight behavior according to the requirements of the pilot. It has significant impact on a pirouetting maneuvers (cyclic steering), but not pirouettes (rudder) itself. Parameter has no impact on a stability. Generally, for bigger models higher value is recommended.

5.2 from manual:
Lower values mean that the model will behave in a more consistent, controlled manner and will feel more linear and robotic. It could introduce a delay to the steering. Angular momentum will be held more constantly.

Higher values mean a more natural behavior. The response to stick movements will be more flybar-like where fast movement will introduce agressive response. But a small movements near the center will be more precise. It can help to make tic-tocs faster. End of each cyclic input will become faster.

PostPosted: Thu 02. Feb 2023 18:25:22 

I have just put a GT on a flybarred Xcell pro 2k.
Wired jr 35mhz straight in to elv pit ail.
everything works and reacts correctly, as soon as I start the engine the pitch goes
full negative and freezes solid there. Changed the servo out, checked and changed wiring still same, must be some setting inside the Gt and vibration?
Anyone got clues?

PostPosted: Thu 02. Feb 2023 19:46:44 

I don't understand what you plugged in where .. what 35MHz .. where?
Please more information, photo ... settings from the unit.

Attachments:
dotaz.jpg
dotaz.jpg [ 40.65 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 02. Feb 2023 20:10:54 

Its a 35mhz reciever, wirred as per wiki (pwm)
a photo will not show you detail
pitch is center pin.
elev on the bottom and aileron on the top, (signal)
All works perfectly until engine is running, vibes dont look bad?
File attached

Attachments:
spirit xcell 60.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 15 times

PostPosted: Fri 03. Feb 2023 10:52:19 
Site Admin

It could happen if automatic rescue is enabled all the time.
Make sure that it is turned off. Maybe there is some mix to the channel in your radio. In the channels window it should be clearly visible what is going on.

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 18:05:39 

ok i tried changing the rescue to normal.
The rescue is activated and enabled by specific switch,By Channel,, same as my other 12 spirits GT s and Gtrs.

I then disabled rescue altogether in channels.
No change, Pitch goes full negative and wont move from there as soon as the engine starts, vibes vary 30- 80.
pitch wont work again untill power cycle.

I then disabled the ""flybar mechanic"" the pitch worked for 2 pumps of the stick at then froze as before full negative,
I'm on 30 odd power cycles on the Brand New spirit gt and the blades haven't turned yet.

this is my only PWM set up, all my others are S Bus X Bus F port and GTR. Never seen this issue i'm pleased to say this one wont cause me a crash as i cant get off the ground. :lol:

Must be something simple Thomas?

PostPosted: Thu 09. Feb 2023 15:52:42 
Site Admin

Please view Diagnostic tab to see what is happening.
You should see immediately what is coming to tge unit. Then it will be easier to find the problem.