It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:49:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 19. Nov 2022 0:25:37 

Hey guys.
By any chance someone has same setup and can help me with settings on EdgeTX / OpenTX.
Got YGE telemetry connected to Spirit GT via sat port. I'm using Frsky r-xsr.
Got telemetry alright , but rpms readings are in ballpark 130.

YGE ESC- telemetry set 10P , gear 5.7, protocol YGE
Spirit- telemetry set 5P x 2, yge LVT , gear 5.7 , as rx Frsky F.port
EdgeTX sensor config I've tryed: RPM blades/poles 1, multiplier 1
Head Speed 1- blades/pole 120, multiplier 21
Head Speed 2- blades/pole 600, multiplier 21

Can't get head speed numbers even close to what it should be. Any advice? Thanks

Edit:
One more thing.
Is it normal that using sat1 port for rpm signal from esc I don't get current rpm data in
governor/ throttle settings? When I switch N, FM1, FM2 it does change request for
head speed but cant see any change in speed. Also in diagnostic tab/ features window
I got governor enabled but does not show engaged when test spool up.

Last edited by Vector on Sun 20. Nov 2022 20:49:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 19. Nov 2022 21:43:23 

Hello Vector,
I had a long time ago a problem with the YGE ESC for correct readout of the rpm in my spektrum radio...
The problem was that I have to set the gear ratio and the sensing divider in telemetry settings (Spirit) to 1 and the problem was solved - I think if you do that in the same way your rpm readout would be correct too - the settings in sensor1 in edgetx the two factors you have to set to 1 Poles/blades and multiplierer -

here the thread where I had a pob with readout of rpm (yge esc):
Attachment:
Info_YGE_Setting_Gear_ratio.jpg
Info_YGE_Setting_Gear_ratio.jpg [ 315.97 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Sat 19. Nov 2022 23:56:34 

Hello Mattes61.
Thanks for help. I guess manual got me brain locked and mixed up in telemetry/governor pot ;)
I overlooked setting for Special/Speed control/ speed governor set to OFF in YGE's soft.
Will set it to Gov.heli . Gear setting and stick values were set ;)
Let you know if that will fix rpm readings. Probably it may solve part of not getting current rpms in Spirits gov. settings, test window.
Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 11:39:00 

Hello Mattes61.
I can confirm that setting gear ratio to 1 and poles to 1 did the trick and now I got correct rpms. Thanks
Still cant get conformation for spirits gov. In governor settings, requested rpms do change along with FM selected but no current rpm during spool up. According to test window (matching TX telemetry) rpms go way over requested hitting max rpms that are set in gov. tab (spirit) . With flat throttle curves ,governor enable , esc throttle calibrated cant see changes in speed. If I'm correct I should get conformation in flight Log when gov. engages . Please correct me if I'm wrong. All tests done with no blades meaning no load.

Edit:
YGE gov. works alright.
Dont know how to get gov. working in Spirit :(

Attachments:
spirit-log-2022-11-20-102705 (1).pdf [60.1 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 14:10:27 

Hi Vector,
So far I've only used the YGE Governor and it works very well! I don't know if the Spirit Governor is really that much better, but compared to other ESC's it's a really good one!
If you want to use the Spirit Governor, then the YGE internal governor must be deactivated in any case - In this case you need the Mode programming to Mode1 , see YGE operating instructions... Very important dismantle before all blades of the main and tail rotor so that nothing can happen !!
Attachment:
YGE_Modus1_Prog.jpg
YGE_Modus1_Prog.jpg [ 230.35 KiB | Viewed 208 times ]

Follow the instruction in Spirit Manual for Governor:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Governor

Since I don't have the experience here yet, I can only refer to the manual, which is what I would do if I tried the Spirit Governor - but I'm sure that some in the forum here have experience with the configuration of the governor in the Spirit FBL and can help you - I know that for example HeliMLM has quite a lot of experience with YGE, I think he can help you in any case...but of course there are others too -

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 16:22:35 

Hello again.
I did everything according to manuals Spirit's and YGE's pages . Only one thing I did different on Spirit side. Manual says connect RPM signal (sensor) to ELE/PIT/AIL port, GT unit. I can't do that sync I'm using Sat1 port for telemetry/sensors and there goes YGE's orange signal wire. That perhaps gets things mixed up. I was going to give full authority to Spirit but it is what it is. ESC will take gov. duty ;)

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 16:47:29 

Hello,
the sat1 port is only for telemetry from ESC to FBL not for the govenor in the Spirit FBL !!
If you use the Spirit Governor you have to put the rpm-Signalwire (from ESC) additional to the telemetry connection in the Pit-Pin into the Spirit FBL -If you have not this connection your Spirit Governor will not work -
Attachment:
Rpm_Wire_from_ESC.jpg
Rpm_Wire_from_ESC.jpg [ 165.16 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]

Then all should work !

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 19:20:40 

Well :roll: cant thank you enough. Thanks for your will and time.
All good now. Red wire from ESC telemetry lead ( rpm sensor) in ELE/PIT/AIL port.
Corrected poles/gear from (1,1 to 5,5.7) and rpm numbers are right too.
I guess (1,1) works without sensor. So now it got me thinking that my RX could have rpm info from ESC. :roll:
I owe you big time.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 20:50:26 

Hi Vector !
I was happy to help you, everyone has overlooked something and thank you for the nice feedback! :D

Many greetings
Matthias