It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 3:09:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Coaxial Adjustments
PostPosted: Tue 16. Aug 2022 14:26:13 

Hi,
I've just test flown my Trex 470 with the Spirit 2. I have set the stabilizer mode to coaxial.
while it does work, I find the sticks do not respond much when in stabilizer mode.
I'm wondering if there is an adjustment menu for this?
thank you

Post subject: Re: Coaxial Adjustments
PostPosted: Fri 21. Oct 2022 2:02:43 

Interesting. I used coaxial stabilizer on my 450l. Very twitchy. Confirmed via software that it was being toggled via swith. 0 = off and 1=on (green bar). I noticed very little difference between on and off.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Oct 2022 6:01:56 
Site Admin

You can increase response by increasing Sensor/Rotation Rate. This will allow a bigger control of the model.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Oct 2022 14:45:04 

If toggling via a switch should it be disabled in Stabi Tab? I have it toggled in both. I could not find info in manual.

Also, does coaxial work similar to self level or just works when releasing sticks?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Oct 2022 16:55:49 

Oops. Just found that I needed to select the Select by Channel option in software Stabi tab.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Oct 2022 21:59:05 

Just tried this. In Stabi Tab have enabled Select by Channel.

In RX Channel assign I have F:Coaxial assign to channel 7 and mapped to a unique two position switch on TX.

I did toggle on Stabi Correction in Expert settings, maybe the mistake.

Flew fine without Stabi/Coaxial and when I flipped the switch all hell broke loose. Wild gyrations in all axis. Flipped Hold and only broke landing gear.

Certainly not what I was expecting. I do have Geolink V1 turned on, but nothing is assigned to it. Logo should all good with the exception of two "Geolink Data Corrupted" messages.

PostPosted: Tue 01. Nov 2022 15:37:48 
Site Admin

Hello,

Stabi Correction should be enabled only if you need improved precision after very demanding maneuvers.
If this is not the case then turn it off otherwise it can cause more troubles then benefits. See Stabi Correction description in the software.
With some helicopters precision can be significantly worse if vibrations are higher when it is enabled.

Unfortunately I do not understand what to imagine under "wild gyrations". So I can't help more :(

PostPosted: Tue 01. Nov 2022 22:03:28 

Hello Tomas. thank you for the reply.

"Wild Gyrations in all axis" means that all axis Elevator and aileron (except tail) were gyrating back and forth at the same time. Side to side and front to back very quickly.

You state "Stabi correction should be enabled only if you need improved precision after very demanding maneuvers".

In the manual it states "Coaxial - stabilization mode - inverted or upright, whichever is closer at the time of activation. The steering behavior is very similar to a coaxial helicopters. Great for learning a hovering practices".

I do not see how hovering practice is a demanding maneuver. Am I wrong in thinking that the coaxial mode is stabilizing similar to an auto level system as found on OMP systems?

Thank you for your input.

PostPosted: Thu 03. Nov 2022 12:02:17 
Site Admin

Hello,

Stabi Correction and Coaxial mode are two different things.
Stabi Correction is affecting all modes such as Stabilisations and Rescue and all GeoLink features.
Coaxial mode is only one of the stabilisation modes.

Coaxial mode is same as when you are flying with a drone. Unfortunately I dont know how OMP system is working.

By a demanding maneuvers I mean for example a pirouetting 3D maneuvers, for example piroflips, piro tic toc and similar.

PostPosted: Wed 09. Nov 2022 3:25:54 

Understand correction vs mode.
Certainly you must be familiar with the term "auto level" as I mentioned. Omp and Goosky and several others have this function. I believe with Spirit is is probably Stabilization Normal which I have used successfully. Although a value of 0 seems to activate it instead of value 1. Channel values are sett at -100 and 100 to trigger.

I have no experience with drones so not familiar how they fly.

Thank you for the great support.