It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 18:23:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 30. Oct 2021 20:42:08 

Hello,

does the rescue also work at 3d over 1m of the ground?

thanks

M.Bischof

PostPosted: Tue 02. Nov 2021 19:56:25 

Crashpilot1977 wrote:
Hello,

does the rescue also work at 3d over 1m of the ground?

thanks

M.Bischof

By my opinion...

Short answer: NO

Long answer:
In reality, I would say this is an unrealistic expectation. The rescue of the GT is based on a pressure sensor, so it will be impacted by pressure changes induced by the rotor system. Although there is a configurable parameter to compensate for differences in up right vs. up side down orientation, a heli flying dynamic 3D manouvers will require some time to respond aerodynamically. So if you only trigger at 1m above ground this may not be enough. Terrain hight might also not be at the same level of all spots of your flying area. Also in case the heli is, lets say nose up or nose down the moment it triggers the rescue, the system first needs to level the heli, which will cost you some altitude, bevor it can lift the heli up (remember: an object travels approx. 27m/s at a speed of 100km/h). For soft 3D I would consider a trigger altitude of around 6-8m almost safe, but there might be situation when this is not enough e.g. nose down dive with moderate to high speed. So if you want to use the rescue at low levels you need to fly accordingly (of fly at a cliff). You may also experince some drift of the trigger altitude during the flight. So my approach is that I set the trigger level to the desired altitude before I practice a move. Having said all of the above I still consider the automatic rescue a great help and it currently probaly the best out there. I personally have improved my flying a lot and tried may moves which I would not have tried without the automatic rescue.

Hope this helps.
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 04. Nov 2021 11:14:37 

Spaceman wrote:
Short answer: NO

fully agree. my Diabolo 700 would already have the tailrotor in the mud when the Spirit unit is at 1m... ignoring the need for some room to do rescue and the latency of pressure measurement.

i've played a lot with it and especially on a slope edge as i like to fly low... like this i can practice low maneuvers with auto rescue. generally working really good, but be careful: coming in, in a fast&low inverted-backwards funnel and auto-rescue activating some 5-7meters away from you as you are <1m - with the heli still approaching - may cause you to do a frightened summersault into the mud ;) ask me why i know - i almost did.... so just be careful with low-level auto-rescue and low moves approaching you fast.

Ciao
Michael

PostPosted: Wed 02. Mar 2022 19:42:36 

after i crashed my heli with autorescue please check carefully the rescue pitch. I used the preinstalled 60% without thinking and tried a inverted lowrpm rescue in 3 m height . the heli flipped but hit the ground with tail.......ok.60% pitch and lowrpm plus a fast descend will not work.i tried 100% which is scary so i will use pitch 80% in future and a autorescue height suitable or my flight level. it is a good system and it works if the parameters are carefully set..........i would recommend to put some warning in the manual