It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:20:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Migrating to OpenTX
PostPosted: Tue 05. Oct 2021 0:30:41 

ALFi wrote:
Quote:
The Receiver is the R9 Slim+ Do I need an integration cable for this? I thought Spirit works with the protocols this receiver has...

you know the online manual?
there are pictures on how to connect the units: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... S_RECEIVER
just reread you post, you have an uspirit, according to the manual you dont need the s-buss inverter cable.
looking at a picture of the R9 slim it has an s-buss out, so wiring should be done according to the pictures in the manual.
install latest firmware, run the setup, select s-buss, should work that way, should get you in the air

Trondyne wrote:
Not sure what the full or not full size is... The OTX file I think was for the X7 which is essentially the same radio... I don't care which switches are used etc yet just want to get the thing to talk to the receiver and the receiver to Spirit...

x7, x7s and x-lite have a resolution of: 128*64
well just load the lua files onto your tx and try to start them, if they error out...
my last try was a few months ago and it did not work for me..

the optional integration cable has two usages:
- setup / adjust settings on the spirit unit right from your tx
(i dont know about you, but i usually dont touch the units after the first 2-3 setup flights.. so for me.. it is nice to have but can live just fine without it... and do the settings from a pc)
- get telemetrie data out of the spirit to your TX
usuefull to see vibrations / debug your heli in case of bad flight performance
if you have a supportet ESC you can pass trough rpm / mah usage / current / temp....
(see list of supportet esx and features: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... orted_ESCs)

anyway on the integration guide in the manual i dont see the uspirit listed, could be that the small unit does not have enough ports.. so this might be not an option for you after all.
i dont own a uspirit so cant say for sure...

No my esc is not supported... I'm not worried about the integration cable just yet... I just want to get the model setup ok... As I recall from my JR radio Spirit required the "1 servo" setup I think? It was a while ago... So am I correct in assuming Spirit does not require any CCPM mixing in the radio?

Thanks...

PostPosted: Tue 05. Oct 2021 9:45:23 

spirit does not require a mixer in your TX (afaik i think no stabi box on the markt needs that)

you can even leave that feature out of open-tx when you flash the radio "noheli" removes the ccpm mixer.

have you looked at this thread? he even has an x7 model file attached that you could download and look trough
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2753

PostPosted: Fri 22. Oct 2021 4:29:03 

ALFi wrote:
Quote:
The Receiver is the R9 Slim+ Do I need an integration cable for this? I thought Spirit works with the protocols this receiver has...

you know the online manual?
there are pictures on how to connect the units: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... S_RECEIVER
just reread you post, you have an uspirit, according to the manual you don't need the s-buss inverter cable.
looking at a picture of the R9 slim it has an s-buss out, so wiring should be done according to the pictures in the manual.

Sorry for the long delay, I just haven't had a chance to mess with this....

So I have a model set up ready to test and adjust and I'm about to start connecting things... Question: Isn't the FrSky's sbus inverted? And if so doesn't the uSpirit need that reversing cable?

Thanks...

PostPosted: Fri 22. Oct 2021 10:24:22 

Trondyne wrote:
Question: Isn't the FrSky's sbus inverted? And if so doesn't the uSpirit need that reversing cable?

this says you can use the uspirit directly with an frsky XSR: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2254

and the spirit sbus cable is only for the spirit v1, not for any other spirit unit.