It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:16:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 19. Mar 2021 19:50:49 

So I have two units, one with 2.5.2 and one with 3.1.0. When in install the apk app on my phone for that exact version I can adjust settings on both. I have to uninstall completely and install every time to the version that the FBL unit has.

I want to be able to update my firmware. I'm using the spirit wifi adapter and do NOT have a direct usb cable.

I can access both devices via web interface but cannot update or access settings. I can connect and access settings via android but the app doesn't have anywhere to update the firmware.

When I use the web interface and access the device I try to go to settings and it says version mismatch and say click this to update. I download what it asks "spirit wifi"and run it. It says enter the IP of the device, I enter literally whats showing in the web interface. Obviously I have the address correct im accessing the device via web browser and its working.

Anyway I enter the IP and hit update and in a few seconds it said sucessful "LOL" but it didnt do a thing. I'd think it would fail or give an error if it doesnt work. Its the exact same on both devices and its NOT a hardware issue.

I hope to god someone on here can help me. lol. I've scoured the internet and this forum. The 2.5.2 one doesn't even have bank settings for me to use.

PostPosted: Fri 19. Mar 2021 21:43:55 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is very important to remember version.

Completely each software that you are using has some version and it apply also for Spirit units, Wifi-Link, Android software, computer software, etc.

In order to make it work together, you will definitively need same versions on all.

When you did update of the Wifi-Link, you have to check what version you have flashed. I guess it was the latest 3.2.X. This is the latest version. This mean it cannot work with unit that has different version such as 2.5.2 or 3.1.0.
You will need either 2.5.2 or 3.1.0 for Wifi-Link or, better way, to update both units to the same version.

Firmware update in the Spirit Settings is available only in computer software. So please use computer software.

There you can perform the update. But from 2.5.2 it is very big jump so it is relatively risky doing this with Wifi-Link as there are big changes. USB interface is shipped with each Spirit unit normally so might get one from person that sold the unit to you.
Or you can buy anytime from us.

You can try doing update on both units and we will see what the outcome will be. Update should be performed with the latest Spirit Settings 3.2.2.

But first it must work on your notebook. You should be able to connect at the Web interface always, in the same way as with a smartphone. If not, please try to unplug ethernet cable if there is some.
If it will work then Spirit Settings software on your computer will work too.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Mar 2021 14:12:26 

As I said I dont have the USB cable, and am unwilling to spend $30 USB and $30 shipping to get one to the USA. Not worth it. The person I got it from does not have the USB.

My Wifi adapter has 3.2.2, and my units have 2.5.2 and 3.1.0 and I can connect to them just fine and update settings LOL. You just have to install the right android .apk on your phone. I've solved all that on my own.

Your saying there is older WiFi link software. Please send me the files via email or give me a link to download them. That would be super useful.

I just wanna update all my stuff to the newest software to avoid any glitches or issues that have been patched, and get any new features you offer.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Mar 2021 14:43:37 
Site Admin

The USB interface costs just 10 USD and shipping is for around 4-5 USD. Or for free and express if you are buying more items.

Here is the older software for Wifi-Link:
https://spirit-system.com/dl/wifilink/w ... -win32.exe
https://spirit-system.com/dl/wifilink/w ... -win32.exe

You can connect computer software with Wifi-Link too then you can update your units. So you do not need USB interface also for doing the update. The update process might take no more than one minute. If you dont know how to connect computer with Wifi-Link, please take a look here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... 26_Mac_app

PostPosted: Tue 23. Mar 2021 16:37:41 

Thats what i'm talkin about :o :D ;) ... I will try it when I get home....

PostPosted: Wed 24. Mar 2021 0:39:26 

I think im making progress lol