It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:58:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 10. Nov 2020 14:11:49 

I am wondering if it is possible for the FBL unit to lose the center position of the servos after an impact? I have a G380 that I bought used and put an RS on it. After I set it up with 0° center and 12° Pos and 12° Neg I did a maiden flight the following day. Due to a problem with the servo horns I had a tip over on take off. So when I went to replace the servo horns I noticed that I had no Neg Pitch! It was around 0° with throttle at bottom and 12° at full throttle. I checked my Tx and it was still -100/+100 linear curve on all flight modes. I then checked the settings on the Spirit set up software and all was good there again -100/+100.

So the only two things I can figure happened are.....either all the servo horns all moved on the servo splines or the FBL somehow lost where center was in its set up. is this possible?

Additional note the tip over was pretty mild. it did result in a boom strike but I cut the throttle as soon as I saw it going over.

PostPosted: Wed 11. Nov 2020 9:03:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

technically it shouldnt be possible. If something would be lost then completely all the settings.
I think there is other explanation.

It is very important to do the servo centering with Subtrim (tuning) feature. If done in any other menu or with software turned off, the result will be rather always wrong.
Also it could be because of a different bank, different settings in your radio - flight mode.

Or there is a mechanical difference, for example collar of the main shaft slided up and resulting collective changed too after the impact.

Or possibly different settings were loaded to the unit. Please note, servo arms should be always perpendicular when Subtrim (tuning) is enabled.

PostPosted: Wed 11. Nov 2020 16:25:15 

Thanks for the reply, I will double check on the possibility of a different bank even though I did not set up a second bank. Sounds like I will likely have to put the blame on the bad servo horns then. I will update this thread if I find any new information.