It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:12:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 20:49:36 

I'm using the HW v4 esc, dx8 g2 and spirit pro. Using the intergration I'm getting the wrong reading for rpm, and no reading for rx voltage.

This worked for a bit but in now having problems. I have been working through this with Tomas but we don't seem to be able to resolve it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Last edited by Campbell on Wed 18. Oct 2017 2:18:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 21:35:47 
Site Admin

Can you describe how the RPM readout looks like?
If it is just some scaling issue, it will be probably Gear Ratio/Sensing Divider problem.

Regarding BEC voltage, do you have OPTO ESC version? Do you have an external power supply/BEC?

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2017 23:22:58 

Hi
The rpm reads from 0- 60.
I have an agile 5.5 with the standard motor so entered 10 poles and the gear ratio of 8.46:1 in my tx. I am also bench testing with a throttle curve of 0 to 100.
Do i need to be deviding that gear ratio by something for a phase sensor?

I'm the bec side of it, am using the internal bec on the esc (HW 120amp v4) and have it set at 7.5v

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 1:50:37 

I have disconnected the telme cable from the spirit to see what telemetry values I get. They all stay the same as when I have it plugged in. So I tried another Telme cable and still nothing.

So i turned off telemetry in the spirit and attached a sat to the primary port and disconnected all other sats/receivers to confirm the unit is operating properly.
Everything worked fine.

I am using Telme cables that I have here and removed the red wires, and made sure the data and ground wires are correct.

This leads me to believe the problem lies on the esc side. I have done a factory reset on the esc but still nothing so I will leave it for now.

I am assuming once I use the gov in the spirit I will get the correct head speed coming through, and won't need the Teleme cable attached?

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 10:02:12 
Site Admin

Hi,

if RPM lead is connected and you are getting wrong readout then the only problem can be in the Sensing Divider or Gear Ratio.
If RPM lead is not connected, but telemetry cable is, then the RPM is taken from the telemetry data. In this case Governor can't be used, but RPM readout should be approximately same.
Sensing Divider and Gear Ratio must be configured correctly for both cases, even if governor is not used.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 12:46:11 

I have the HW V4 160 ESC and I don't get the BEC voltage displayed either for some reason. I do get the RPM and all other values through fine. Try not putting anything in the motor poles and gearing boxes in your transmitter ESC telemetry section and see what RPM it gives you. Then you can troubleshoot from there.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2017 19:48:22 

I have tried altering the number of poles and the gear ratio in the tx and it does change the read out, but I have to enter the poles as inhibited, and gear ratio of 0.74:1. That gets it to what i believe is close but it would take a lot of fiddling round with a tacho to get it correct.

The thing that's got me is that it was working correct and I was getting the bec voltage.
Then with out changing any settings but checking over the final settings before flight I have now lost them. I also don't get the amp draw for flight pack.

PostPosted: Thu 07. Sep 2017 7:51:48 
Site Admin

jchbarnes: This is because HW ESC does not support BEC voltage output. But you can get BEC voltage directly from the RX.

PostPosted: Thu 07. Sep 2017 7:53:19 
Site Admin

Campbell: Do you have any other heli with HW v4 ESC to try?

PostPosted: Thu 07. Sep 2017 10:04:16 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Campbell: Do you have any other heli with HW v4 ESC to try?
Unfortunately no. I just fly the one heli.

I tried unplugging the rpm sensor wire that runs from the esc to the spirit, then spooled up the heli and got the same results. I also did a factory reset on the spirit and still the same results.

I am picking it must be something to do with my esc?

I have also created a new model in my tx but get the same read outs.

Might be time to put the blades back on and go flying.

Is there any way we can get the mah consumption set on an alarm or a switch? I have been having a play with that too, as that would be real nice to be able to do.