It is currently Sat 18. May 2024 3:49:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: DO NOT USE 1.3.1!!!!
PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 9:59:40 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is very sad to see your helicopter.
Unfortunately boomstrike can happen without bailout as well - you only have to do same manouver. What's more, I am sure that the bailout flip rate was not changed at all between versions.

The reason for boomstrike may be even in too loose blades in your rotor head. With helicopter size 550 and smaller boomstrike is very, very improbable if it is configured correctly. You can imagine how the blade must be bent to do something like this. Especially with size of 380.

For example situation when RPM will be bogged, your collective pitch is extremely high and your cyclic angles are too high as well can cause, that blade will move even 90° in your blade holder. This combination probably happened and will always cause crash.
Unfortunately we really can't affect state and performance of any helicopter.

I hope you will fix the helicopter soon and check the reason for the boomstrike.

Post subject: Re: Boomstrike problem
PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 10:48:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

it is very sad to see your helicopter.
Unfortunately boomstrike can happen without bailout as well - you only have to do same manouver. What's more, I am sure that the bailout flip rate was not changed at all between versions.

The reason for boomstrike may be even in too loose blades in your rotor head. With helicopter size 550 and smaller boomstrike is very, very improbable if it is configured correctly. You can imagine how the blade must be bent to do something like this. Especially with size of 380.

For example situation when RPM will be bogged, your collective pitch is extremely high and your cyclic angles are too high as well can cause, that blade will move even 90° in your blade holder. This combination probably happened and will always cause crash.
Unfortunately we really can't affect state and performance of any helicopter.

I hope you will fix the helicopter soon and check the reason for the boomstrike.

Tomas, will there be an update to control the flip rate though? Seems like it's a popular request. Or are there technical issues? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 13:31:56 

Thomas, what do you propose was incorrectly configured? Please give me direction as into what to check....prior to 1.3.1 I used the bailout many times with no problem. Thank for your help.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 15:03:59 
Site Admin

You can make sure that blades are not so tight and not so loose in the blade holders.
What are your max. collective pitch and cyclic angles?

Configuration of the helicopter should be in the way that it can't never get boomstrike, binding of servos or similar issue in any case.
Rescue is using full advantage of the mechanics to rescue helicopter as fast as possible. So it can achieve only angles, that you can normally get during flying.
In case of your helicopter I guess that it shouldn't never happen in normal conditions.

So the problem may be too extreme angles (I hope you are not using marks on the rotor head to measure angle) or too loose blades.
For example marks on the rotor head are wrong on a lot of Goblins so instead of 12° you will get 15-17°, but you will think it is only 12°. So I recommend to verify it with pitch gauge as well.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 15:05:44 

I have been using spirit rescue mode for over 2 years without any issue on all helicopters. Maybe over 3000 batteries, and no issue. This is problem with your setting

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 15:13:34 

Elfew, don't be so quick to say any such thing. I have been using my spirit for quite a bit of time as well. This happened immediately after I updated my firmware.

Tomas, I will double check my pitch settings. Thank you...By the way, is there any truth to the idea that the cyclic ring should be reduced!

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 15:16:51 
Site Admin

If your setting is same all the time, then it could be quite big coincidence that it does not happened previously.
For example if you are getting better in flying, you are trying harder manouvers. If the rescue is activated in inverted flight and during demanding maneuver it is the best time for boomstrike.
Mostly pilots are not able to do so fast movements with hands so it can fly without any problem.

So what I recommend is to set the unit with respect to the helicopter manual to not exceed any allowed limits.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 15:19:27 
Site Admin

Rcpassa: Yes, cyclic ring and collective pitch should be always configured to the values you know are safe and you are comfortable with.
This affects both flying and rescue. You should not allow to get boomstrike with the basic settings. Rescue mode can't never exceed what is configured.
With lower angles chances for boomstrike decreasing.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 18:17:14 

What degrees would you recommend for pitch and cyclic? Thank you so much

PostPosted: Sun 18. Oct 2015 18:50:47 

It depends on a type of helicopter...