It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 2:10:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: rescue trouble
PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 3:52:00 

I've tried unsuccessfully to fix this myself. Rescue is not functioning properly. I am using a DX9 with 7 channel
Spektrum receiver and one sat. My rescue function does not change from + to - pitch settings. +100 to -100 has the same pitch results when I press the rescue button. (which is the bind button). Also, even with stick priority set to 0 the pitch continues to work through the rescue function along with the full cyclic stick movement. Stick priority seems to have no adjustment effect. I can set it to 0 and I still have same amount of response from cyclic and pitch working through the rescue function. I am stumped on what to do to fix this. Heli flies fine but when I push the rescue button in flight the pitch goes to hardly any pitch and the heli falls every time. Again, going + or - on rescue pitch adjustment has no effect. I want to be clear, the rescue function works when I push the button, it just does not work properly and seems to not respond to the software adjustments. There is movement when I push the button..there is response, just improper response it seems. I am currently back to 1.2 software and 1.21 firmware. 1.3 firmware and software has same issues. Thank you in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: rescue trouble
PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 7:33:43 
Site Admin

Hello,

your problem is caused, because the Rescue mode is not activated at all.

This mean configuration in your transmitter is not correct and what you are doing is changing Collective Pitch when you press the button.
This is wrong.

You should only change Gyro Gain from positive value to negative. Then it will work as you wish.

You can check if it is working correctly when you go to the Diagnostic tab. There you have to see "HF" instead of "HL" in the Gyro bar.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 12:25:32 

hemisavoy you just pushing the button form the start, or did any settings in your DX9 the mix the gyro gain to that button? Did you read the manual at all? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 17:47:38 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

your problem is caused, because the Rescue mode is not activated at all.

This mean configuration in your transmitter is not correct and what you are doing is changing Collective Pitch when you press the button.
This is wrong.

You should only change Gyro Gain from positive value to negative. Then it will work as you wish.

You can check if it is working correctly when you go to the Diagnostic tab. There you have to see "HF" instead of "HL" in the Gyro bar.

Hoping this information might help discover what is happening. Thank you.

In Diagnostic window:
Pitch indicator working: 0 center, 98% top, 96% bottom.

Throttle indicator: 24%

Ail, Ele, Rud, 0 centered

Gyro indicator 52% HF

Bank indicator 1/4 of the way up

Transmitter Gyro Window:

Normal - +52%

Stunt 1 - 0

Stunt 2 - 0

Sensor window: Bank 0 gyro setting: -52%

Stability window:

Bank 0 - Rescue (normal)
Bank 1 - Disabled
Bank 2 - Disabled

Resue pitch: -80
Stick priority-1
Direction control rate-1

Last edited by hemisavoySP on Wed 14. Oct 2015 18:00:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 17:56:01 

Gtamas wrote:
hemisavoy you just pushing the button form the start, or did any settings in your DX9 the mix the gyro gain to that button? Did you read the manual at all? :roll:

Of course I am not just pushing the button from the start! I have successfully flown the Spirit for over a year now. I have all manuals (both Spirit and Spektrum) printed out and by my side, read cover to cover. I have most likely overlooked something. I have tried to resolve the issue before coming to the forum for help. I would not ask Tomas for help unless I really needed it.

PostPosted: Wed 14. Oct 2015 20:11:32 

I just programmed it on my DX9 and Rescue works great.
If you are playing around with Banks, forget banks as Spirit works with negative Gyro Value for rescue, Bank Selection is in other FBL like Brain/Ikon, lets focus just on rescue.

Step 1: Enable Rescue in Spirit (Stabi tab), based on your like, with climb or without and with turn upside or without, select Rescue Acro to see Swash Plate effect on Bench.
Step 2: Program on your Gyro Switch (E) three different Values to test: -60 -40 +40, if you Switch (E) now, you should see your Swash Plate to level and Pitch. You should also see Gyro changes in Diagnostic Tab. As I said, don't mess with Bank, it should for this testing always be bank 0. Gyro is Channel 5. If you don't see Gyro Change in Diagnostics to negative fix it, it's a problem upfront Spirit.

If your done with this, you have got Spirit working, now it's about to setup your DX9 to do transmit right thing on button push.
Select a Switch for rescue, Like A.

Now define a Mixer for this Switch to deliver negative Gyro Value when pulled.
Concept: Source is GERA with Destination GYRO, eliminate Output to Zero and Add -50% OFFSET, when Switch A is Pulled.

Mixing: P-Mix1:
Select GER as Source > GYRO as Target
Rate: -100% -100% (clears GYRO to 0)
Offset:-50% (Negative Gyro Value for Rescue)
Switch A (Select only 1 (black))

Now by pulling A you should see in Monitor Gyro jumping to negative, SP is going level and up if your inverted, up and banks for turn.
Program your Gyro Switch back on your values, rescue in Spirit on desired Function and your done.

You got the flexibility to almost use any Switch on your DX9 to do this mixing.
Best, if this Switch is very easy to reach and a latch-version for quick release.

Regards, Adrian

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

PostPosted: Thu 15. Oct 2015 15:54:10 

Adrian, thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your input and directions.
I have followed your advise and switched back from using banks to no banks and everything works as advertised.
I have enjoyed flying with the banks option and disappointed the rescue trouble seems to be associated when using banks. As I stated in my post that started this thread,
"I want to be clear, the rescue function works when I push the button, it just does not work properly and seems to not respond to the software adjustments. There is movement when I push the rescue button..there is response, just improper response it seems."
Something with banks and rescue. I'll just have to fly the Spirit with no banks until I can figure it out. This unit (never crashed) worked for over a year with banks and rescue functioning perfectly but can't get the rescue to cooperate with banks now. Rescue works just fine with no banks.
Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to respond.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Oct 2015 16:57:18 
Site Admin

hemisavoySP: Actually there is nearly no difference when you are using banks. The only difference may be, that you can set different modes for each banks, thus Rescue can be disabled (check your Stabi/Function parameter in each bank).
Next issue can be, if your Bank Switch in your transmitter is somehow connected with the Rescue button. So you have to find what is happening in your transmitter when you are switching the banks.

So if the Rescue is enabled in each bank, then the only problem should be in transmitter settings.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Oct 2015 20:11:27 

Well, best is to understand the problem before trying to advise. 8-)

Let me sum up:
1) Rescue works as expected, Pitch level is adjustable
2) You got the feeling other parameters have no effect
3) To test, you did set different Rescue parameters in banks
4) you got feeling on Bank switch there is no difference in Rescue functionality

A) I would suggest to test if Bank switch is working at all
Easiest way, define different Pitch Ranges in Bank0 and Bank1. After save and reboot, on Full pitch and Bank Switch you should see SP to jump.
B) I than tested with different Stick priorities in each bank 0 (6) 1 (2) and I see SP moving less or more doing Bank Switch and Cycle Input. Needs Power Cycle of unit.

Well due to rain there is no possibility to test outside, but I guess it's also working as such on field.

Regards, Adrian

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /