It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 1:54:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 06. Oct 2015 19:06:30 

Hello,

What is the best way to connect 2 DSMX sats and an Align magnetic sensor (HE50H22) to a Spirit Pro on a nitro? To supply power to the sensor via a sat port, would it be acceptable if I splice the -ve and +ve wires of the sensor to the second sat cable? Can one sat port power both a DSMX sat and a sensor reliably, with the signal wire connected to PIT? Or is a Spektrum adapter V2 considered to be a better solution for the second sat, thereby leaving the second sat port free to power the sensor?

I realise that the red is -ve and black is +ve on the sensor.

As an aside - does the spirit gov work well enough on nitro helis yet, or would I be better off using an external Align gov until the spirit one has been further developed?

Thanks!

H

PostPosted: Tue 06. Oct 2015 21:02:21 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can use Y-cable for Spektrum satellite so then power can be used from one of the port. Unfortunately you can't run two satellites from one port.
The best solution is to use separate 3.3V regulator that you can connect to a free port in the unit.

You have to be carefull with Align sensor, because Red wire is - (ground) and black is + (positive) so you will need to swap it.

Governor is working really well on both electric and combustion helicopters.

PostPosted: Tue 06. Oct 2015 21:50:44 

Ok thanks for the reply. I will hold off on installing the unit until I can get a Spektrum adapter :cry: I almost bought one at the time of ordering the Spirit Pro, but did not because there is a note that says 'For Spirit Pro this adapter is not needed at all.'

PostPosted: Tue 06. Oct 2015 23:05:11 

horneteer wrote:
Ok thanks for the reply. I will hold off on installing the unit until I can get a Spektrum adapter :cry: I almost bought one at the time of ordering the Spirit Pro, but did not because there is a note that says 'For Spirit Pro this adapter is not needed at all.'

You can also use a satellite Y and connect one satellite AND the RPM sensor to one of the satellite ports... in that case the servo port satellite adapter will still not be needed ))))))