It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 16:12:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Oct 2015 15:51:17 

I had this same problem with Spirit FW 1.2. I upgraded to Spirit FW 1.3 and the same problem persists.

Equipment
Spirit FBL unit with FW 1.3
Jeti RSAT 2 with EX-BUS out port setup
Jeti DS 16

Problem
Jeti ch map | Spirit FBL channel mapping (to get it almost working)
1 pitch => 1 pitch (OK)
2 ail => 2 ail (OK)
3 elev => 3 elev (OK)
4 yaw => 4 bank (NOT OK)
5 bank => 5 throttle (NOT OK)
6 throttle => 6 rudder (NOT OK)
7 gain => 7 gain (OK)

So channels 4,5 and 6 seems a bit messed up (why?). But I switch them around until I see in the diagnostic part of Spirit SW that all inputs is seen on the channel I want them. I would like this to map cleanly? Why is 4/7 OK and 3 of 7 not OK in mapping?

But a even bigger problem arise (see video).

Spirit FBL SW shows it gets Tail input from channel 6 (which Jeti sends as channel 4). But it only partly respons. Spirit shows the input signal to be max to one side, and it is not possible to go further that way with moving the stick, moving the rudder stick in the opposite direction, moves the input signal slightly, but never more than from 100% to 75%.

If I put Spirit channel 6 (rudder) on another function on Spirit (see video where I have mapped same channel to two functions) the Spirit reads the signal correctly and is centered (50%) not 100% as when assigned to rudder function. So this leads me to believe that the error is in the Spirit FW/SW and it makes me uncomfortable.

Flying with a setup with tail input from 75% to 100% constant - would be no good - so I have to find out what causes this situation, any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I had made a movie - but it was not allowed to upload .mov files.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Oct 2015 17:52:22 
Site Admin

Hello,

the first problem you are describing is caused mostly by different Mode or custom channel mapping in your transmitter.
Also the channel numbering may not correspond, because each manufacturer has different channel numbering.
So the only important are names of the functions which should correspond, thus the movement should be correct.

What I recommend is to use very default channel mapping in the unit and then to change channel order in the transmitter so the movement will correspond in the Diagnostic tab.

Normally with default profile in your transmitter, everything should work out of the box. If not, then after changing channel order everything will be OK.

The strange behavior with rudder channel you are describing may be due to channel calibration. You have to restart the unit to re-calibrate center positions of newly configured channels.