It is currently Sat 11. May 2024 11:26:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 8:05:10 

Hi,

what this mean? I don´t understand these both points.

- Stabilisation hovering level can be manipulated to a higher extent.
- Rescue (Normal) has 1.5s climb out as with Acro mode.

regards, Frank

PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 8:32:06 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. it does mean, that you can change the horizontal level during flying/hovering so it will not drift even when there are forces that are inducing the drift.
2. Rescue (normal) is working faster, as with Acro, then in 1.5s it will flip to the position with skids down.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 9:53:51 

1) did you mean that? (example)

old firmware > in Stabilisation mode > hoovering...go into forward flight with nose down for some seconds > release stick > heli drifts slightly forwards until I stop this with nose up, because of a little tilt

new firmware > in Stabilisation mode > hoovering...go in forward flight with nose down for some seconds > release stick > heli goes back to horizontaly position (no nose down) and drifts just a little bit forwards (depends on speed), but no tilt anymore after stick release

2) just faster rotate for Rescue (normal), or also faster in Rescue (acro)

regrads, Frank

PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 22:48:55 

I tried the revised normal rescue today. While in an inverted hover, I activated rescue and it climbed out inverted for what seemed like a long time, and I stopped the rescue before the heli righted itself because the heli had reached a high altitude.

So for me, 1.5 seconds inverted before going upright seemed like a very long time with a very large altitude gain. However, that impression was partly due to me starting the rescue test from a reasonably safe altitude. To differentiate between normal and acro rescue, I would prefer a shorter period of inverted climb out for normal rescue.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 23:32:11 

Ben M wrote:
I tried the revised normal rescue today. While in an inverted hover, I activated rescue and it climbed out inverted for what seemed like a long time, and I stopped the rescue before the heli righted itself because the heli had reached a high altitude.

So for me, 1.5 seconds inverted before going upright seemed like a very long time with a very large altitude gain. However, that impression was partly due to me starting the rescue test from a reasonably safe altitude. To differentiate between normal and acro rescue, I would prefer a shorter period of inverted climb out for normal rescue.

Perhaps a submenu could be added to adjust the time in the future?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 02. Oct 2015 5:59:19 

Ben M wrote:

Now I understand the new feature :-)
Thx

PostPosted: Fri 02. Oct 2015 7:16:42 
Site Admin

We have implemented this feature for demand of the pilots so you do not need to use any sequencers now.
If you are beginner then you can save the helicopter faster and at the same it will recover to the normal position.

PostPosted: Fri 02. Oct 2015 7:53:22 

kmaluo wrote:
Ben M wrote:

Perhaps a submenu could be added to adjust the time in the future?

If I understood correctly: In normal rescue mode, if I activate the rescue in inverted hoover, the heli will climb during 1,5 s before recovering ? I will try this week end.

If I am right, +1 for a sub menu to ajust the climbing time in that case.

France.

PostPosted: Fri 02. Oct 2015 8:05:41 

I appreciate that others prefer to have the sequenced normal rescue but I had no issues with the old style normal rescue. The inverted portion of the new normal rescue seemed a bit long for me in that the heli reached a high enough elevation inverted that I stopped the rescue and manually rotated to upright. I would prefer a shorter inverted period. In the meantime I suppose I can reduce the rescue pitch.

Is there any possibility of reducing the inverted period?

PostPosted: Fri 02. Oct 2015 8:12:06 

The only problem with decreasing rescue pitch is a greater chance of heli not rescuing in time.