It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 20:35:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 15:25:55 

As I know, it is only a problem, if a BT connection is established and banks are used for rescue.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 15:35:19 
Site Admin

The only problem is that you can't switch banks, because you do not disconnect app properly (at all). By clicking to Disconnect button everything is solved.
It will stay in the bank that was selected in the software.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 16:19:50 

kmaluo wrote:
......My advice is to always reboot the Spirit after changes......

......to climb high and test rescue off the bat, giving you time to recover if necessary......

kmaluo, thank you for your advice :)

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 16:29:03 

After reading Tomas' reply, I brought the half repaired Heli back to the field today and tried to reconstruct, step by step, what I did while the Unit was connected to the PC the other day.

By doing so, I recalled that I had disconnected the ball-link at the tail slider bellcrank and adjusted the length of the tail push rod. That means I had tilted the tail up (main shaft inclined forward ~45 degrees) and I had turned the Heli from nose-in to tail-in to check the clearance of the slider. Also when I turned the Heli, I have to lift the tail up to clear the computer screen.

I said in one of my previous reply that the Heli was upright most of the times is proven to be not totally correct. I can see it, today, in "slow motion" that the Heli was turned around (by me :oops: ) several times while the main shaft was not pointing straight up.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 17:36:13 

Spinning Mind wrote:
I can see it, today, in "slow motion" that the Heli was turned around (by me :oops: ) several times while the main shaft was not pointing straight up.

How long did it sit level after you sat heli down to fly? As long as you keep it relatively level and don't move it while initializing as well as letting it sit level several seconds after moving it, it should have been fine.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 17:44:20 

ZeXx86 wrote:
We have never experienced any glitch, but if you think there is something wrong, please report it.
We really do not recommend to fly with connected BT module. What you are calling glitch is probably situation, when you do not disconnect the BT app by clicking to "Disconnect". In this case you can't switch banks, because banks are switched by app only. This is very same as when you are connected to the PC software.

I've since been more diligent with pre flight checks so it's not an issue now. The only really memorable situations was when updating firmware on two different occasions, my tail servo frequency changed, then the Rudder Dynamic went from 6 to 1. Rudder dynamic on 1 was a very interesting flight, where the tail would only snap from extreme positive to extreme negative. Somehow I landed her with only broken landing skids!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 18. Sep 2015 19:16:51 

kmaluo wrote:
...... How long did it sit level after you sat heli down to fly? ......

I used to check all the Controls and the Rescue Mode once again at the take off point before spinning up the rotor. I believe that takes about 20 seconds.

On that particular flight, I checked the Controls but not the Rescue Mode (the 2nd time) :oops: .