It is currently Sun 16. Jun 2024 12:51:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Weird Things
PostPosted: Sun 05. Jul 2015 12:33:41 

I am setting up my third spirit unit on a goblin 380 and are seeing some strange things. This is the first heli that I can not get the pitch display in the diagnostic tab to match the stick movement direction. What I mean is when I push the stick up For positive pitch it shows negative in the diagnostic tab. I had to set it up this way to get all three cyclic servos to move together. Also I am seeing problems with nothing responding intermittently after the unit powers up. The light on my sat receiver is lit (I'm using spectrum) the light on the spirit is solid red but nothing works. Also I noticed that when I hit the rescue button with the heli setting on the bench that the swash plate only moves up just a little bit. On my other helis it jumps up a lot. If I move the swash to mid stick or so it will move in the negative direction when I hit rescue?? I have it set for normal rescue. I have tried creating a new model in my transmitter but still the same problems. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Weird Things
PostPosted: Sun 05. Jul 2015 12:44:17 
Site Admin

This is very normal and is not a problem.

As stated in the manual/software direction in the diagnostic tab does not matter. Important is only result.

If you activate the rescue and it goes down, then you have only set Collective for the rescue to negative values.
So then it will go up correctly.

Each model is different and also it depends on the connection of the servos you have selected. So on some models collective may work in the opposite direction - but it is not a problem at all.

PostPosted: Sun 05. Jul 2015 13:00:49 

Thanks I had just figured the rescue problem out before I read this. Again this is the first time I have not been able to get the pitch to match. Any thoughts on why I intermittenly get no stick response?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 05. Jul 2015 13:15:55 
Site Admin

I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but if there is no input, then most probably connection between satellite is faulty. Probably cable issue.

What ESC/BEC do you use?

You should see errors in log about lost signal.

PostPosted: Sat 08. Aug 2015 12:32:31 

Problem ended up being a bad sat. Should have known better then to fly with the intermitten problem. Completely destroyed my goblin 380.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Aug 2015 6:44:01 

ZeXx86 wrote:
This is very normal and is not a problem.

As stated in the manual/software direction in the diagnostic tab does not matter. Important is only result.

If you activate the rescue and it goes down, then you have only set Collective for the rescue to negative values.
So then it will go up correctly.

Can the software be updated to display the correct pitch direction? Perhaps check a box if pitch is showing opposite of your swashplate. This would make it much more user friendly for people unfamiliar with Spirt. It would also simplify the rescue collective setting.

An option to calibrate the throttle range shown in the setup software would be nice and less confusing to people as well.