It is currently Sun 05. May 2024 14:11:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 25. Apr 2024 21:00:08 

franz88 wrote:
but you in diagnostic log viewer open log you opened the file pdf to see if you had any messages of error?
until now I had geolink deactivated but it was connected with the cable.
and I had no errors
I activated geolink yesterday and I received communication errors with geolink.
They are not real errors they are errors that occur when you turn it on or off
when it's about to turn on or when it's about to turn off
but these errors every now and then they turn me off geolink functions.
Connect the helicopter activate the geolink ((do compass calibration etc) and after flies normally.
Then turn off helicopter and go in the pc software spirit and see if you have connection errors with the geolink.
Another thing go in geolink-info and check it out if lifting the helicopter with your hands Barometer height is accurate (for this test use a usb extension) It's super accurate to me.
If you have an unstable geolink connection error all geolink functions will be deactivated.
If you have opened pdf files in the past all pdf files are saved and you can put them here in the topic

OP mentioned this was the on the 4th flight of the same day, If there was a connection issue from the GeoLink to the Spirit then the failsafe/fallback will be something like levelling mode? Could be a flyaway same to what happens to a drone, One solution for flyaways back in the days using pixhawk was having two gps modules cross checking each other. But for a heli would be an overkill which is meant to be flown near to the pilot. If I'm correct the Geolink makes use of something like a ublox m8n? so making use of multiple satellite positioning networks and not just GPS. could it be that it was switching from one to another network?another possibility could be a static discharge from the tail boom to the wire connecting the Geo and the GTR. Were you able to switch off RTH and you regained full authority, but it was to visibly far away to orient it back?

PostPosted: Thu 25. Apr 2024 23:06:47 

senaka wrote:
franz88 wrote:
but you in diagnostic log viewer open log you opened the file pdf to see if you had any messages of error?
until now I had geolink deactivated but it was connected with the cable.
and I had no errors
I activated geolink yesterday and I received communication errors with geolink.
They are not real errors they are errors that occur when you turn it on or off
when it's about to turn on or when it's about to turn off
but these errors every now and then they turn me off geolink functions.
Connect the helicopter activate the geolink ((do compass calibration etc) and after flies normally.
Then turn off helicopter and go in the pc software spirit and see if you have connection errors with the geolink.
Another thing go in geolink-info and check it out if lifting the helicopter with your hands Barometer height is accurate (for this test use a usb extension) It's super accurate to me.
If you have an unstable geolink connection error all geolink functions will be deactivated.
If you have opened pdf files in the past all pdf files are saved and you can put them here in the topic

OP mentioned this was the on the 4th flight of the same day, If there was a connection issue from the GeoLink to the Spirit then the failsafe/fallback will be something like levelling mode? Could be a flyaway same to what happens to a drone, One solution for flyaways back in the days using pixhawk was having two gps modules cross checking each other. But for a heli would be an overkill which is meant to be flown near to the pilot. If I'm correct the Geolink makes use of something like a ublox m8n? so making use of multiple satellite positioning networks and not just GPS. could it be that it was switching from one to another network?another possibility could be a static discharge from the tail boom to the wire connecting the Geo and the GTR. Were you able to switch off RTH and you regained full authority, but it was to visibly far away to orient it back?

the geolink he did it to me
I have activated altitude limit and it worked well
I went down to the height and altitude limit it activated well for two times the third time altitude limit turned off on its own and I could even land but altitude limit does not activate.
If I deactivated it and reactivated it it worked again.
Or other times I flew sure altitude limit was active but it was not active.
It deactivates itself every now and then I ended up using rescue automatic gt and rescue automatic gt until now it has always worked well.
I do not know why.
While returning home of the geolink It's always worked out well for me.
I don't know why this happens I was told in this forum what happens if the connection to the geolink is unstable.
I checked the connector with the tester, I put insulating tape, to avoid electrostatic discharges, but nothing.
My only doubt it's the hot glue on the geolink side connector maybe hot glue on the connector obstructed the passage of air pressure and the barometer he didn't read well but with the PC connected (and hot glue mounted) when I raised the helicopter and lowered it the height varied very well.
so I finally gave up on understanding the problem and I used barometer spirit gt/gtr (I tried to connect the geolink to spirit rs after spirit gtr and after spirit gt).
However, the work he does is team spirit that is great no one has automatic rescue only spirit team and I understand that sometimes there can be problems.
I'm happy anyway because the other teams they don't listen to you while team spirit always try to improve, solve problems, test new features I understand it's not easy so I'm happy anyway it's just weird that no one noticed what altitude limit of the geolink v2 works well 8 times on the 10 and 2 times of the 10 altitude limit it deactivates itself or it's not good.
I can't buy another geolink v2 just to test if it's my geolink or a new geolink does too.
So I use rescue automatic.
So can be that for 3 flights return to home it worked well on the fourth flight return to home didn't work well.
A bit like he did to me except in my case altitude limit does not activate while to you the helicopter he walked away and you lost orientation helicopter.
However, it would be enough insert a voice that warns you "function geolink deactivated", I any telemetry data I can play it on the radio speakers

PostPosted: Sun 28. Apr 2024 18:33:42 

I have ordered a new Spirit GTR+GeoLink because I trust that Thomas will continue to improve the system and make it more reliable.
I still have one question: Does the telemetry show the altitude of the Spirit GTR or the GeoLink? Or are both altitudes linked together?
I assume that the altitude from the GeoLink is displayed because it failed together with the other GeoLink data during my unfortunate flight.
Thanks to everyone who shares their experiences with me.

PostPosted: Sun 28. Apr 2024 18:55:31 
Site Admin

Thank you for your trust.

Yes, on friday we added checking for data transmission between chips of the GeoLink. So whatever the reason for failure was it can't happen anymore. We can share the firmware already to you. Until now there was checking of data transmission between GeoLink and Spirit.

Yes, you saw altitude from GeoLink.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 22:26:35 

Yes, I am very interested to get the improved firmware as soon as possible.

One more hint for improvement:
The documentation on the meaning of vibration readings is scattered and difficult to understand.
I currently have vibration values of up to 65 in the telemetry data from the Specter 700. Is this a cause for concern? The real-time analysis provides completely different values for X, Y and Z. According to these values, vibrations for the tail are in the dangerous range of just over 100. However, a close examination of the tail shows that everything is fine and the vibrations - felt with the fingers - are not unusual.
A practical description of the vibration analysis with Spirit would be very helpful.

Konrad

PostPosted: Tue 30. Apr 2024 7:29:24 
Site Admin

It is described in our manual step by step:

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... M_ANALYSER

If you are in doubt, I recommend to measure with Tail Blades on, since with them vibration level is usually 2-4x higher.
Measurement with Spectrum Analysis tool is always the most precise and relevant. If any axis is showing more than 60% vibration level and the spike is over entire amplitude then it is safety concern for sure.

Telemetry value is only for rough estimation of overal condition of the model. Vibration Level is measured in a different way so the values will not match.
Measurement with hand is completely irelevant because vibrations that are really making problems are not these that you can feel by hand but high frequency ones.
Your main shaft can be bent a lot and it is not issue at all for FBL - but it is issue for mechanics for sure.
But one faulty bearing in the motor or tail mechanics could be very big problem for FBL and your model can seemingly be OK. You will hardly find anything like this with hand for this reason Spectrum Analyser is very useful and can tell you exact condition of the model.

PostPosted: Tue 30. Apr 2024 16:21:55 

Thank you! These are very valuable tips.
On the subject of GeoLink firmware: You wrote that I can already get the new firmware. How? With the normal download mechanism I still get version 1.4.0.

PostPosted: Wed 01. May 2024 6:37:04 
Site Admin

You are welcome. Please send me serial numbers of your Spirit unit to a private message.