It is currently Tue 14. May 2024 19:32:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 14. May 2024 15:00:33 

Hi Guys, hi Tomas

I have two Spirit 2 Systems in my Helicopters, one in a Mini Titan e325 FBL conversion, one in my newly built Trex 500 Clone that will finally find it's home in a gorgeous AH1 Cobra fuselage. Just for the record: The Mini Titan e325 flies perfectly stable in stabilisation mode (Coax and Normal).

I have a Problem with the 500 size "Torque Tube" Trex: It's setup is a Hacker A40-8L V4 8-Pole motor, 4 blade Align Head with Mikado CF blades, a 4 blade tail rotor (raised) and a Hobby Wing Platinum Pro 85A ESC. Flying on 6s 3300Mah Lipo. Transmitter is a Spektrum DX6, two genuine Spektrum satellite receivers.

I found a couple of threads in the forum describing the same Issue: It takes off and hovers perfectly in Stabilisation Mode for about 1.5 Minutes and then slowly starts to drift forward. I can compensate the drift until I run out of back stick.

After landing, the swashplate stays tilted forward until I reconnect the flight battery. Then the Spirit Unit reinitializes and levels the swashplate again. Usually, I can then empty the remaining battery (8 minutes flight time in total) without any other drifting occurence.

I followed the guidelines mentioned in https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... ing_flight so far. I removed the cooling fan from the ESC (not really needed anyway) and switched on "Extended Signal Processing" to no avail. I set the dead band of the sticks to 20. All sub trims in the transmitter are zeroed and all the directions in the diagnostic tab of the app are working correct.

I can't switch on the vibration analysis part in the app at the moment as this caused the app to lose connection to the Spirit unit... Odd... So I can't measure the level of vibes.

I just ordered some strips of 3M VHB tape (1.1mm thick) to replace the mounting tape I used - which was a generic gyro tape. The Spirit 2 unit itself is mounted on a metal gyro tray perfetly level with plugs pointing towards the rear.

Could the "wrong" tape have a negative effect on the sensors?
Another question is, if the Spektrum satellite receiver's connection cables rub on the frame close to the Spirit 2, could this also be an issue?

Last, but not least, I ordered a new autorotation gear, as the current one has a bit of a wobble and runs a bit rough during around 45° of a revolution...

Thanks for any hints and tips - and best regards - Paco

PostPosted: Tue 14. May 2024 16:31:17 

I would really start with the vibration analysis, self level not only on a spirit but all makes need to be on a model which generates acceptable amounts of vibration. The unit must be mounted firmly, with the supplied 3m pads it hardly moves when you try to push it. The wires ending at the uint side should be free and able to flex and not transmit vibrations to the unit. I had to balance every spinning part of my new heli to bring down the vibes. You mention that after the drifty flight you land and reboot and then the flight goes well? what about subsequent ones. is it occurring only on the first flight?