It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 7:20:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 02. Mar 2024 16:25:51 

Hi am planning for first time to use stabilization acro for my goblin 570 in order to try to make some inverted flights. The question is, when i turn on stabilization acro mode after this am able to flip the heli? Or i must flip heli first and after to turn on stab. acro mode? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2024 4:31:59 

Nobody is using stabi function?

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2024 10:26:54 

I can only recommend learning to fly a helicopter without self leveling mode. Control behavior is very different.
Use acro rescue or if you owns a GT / GTR use automatic rescue.

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2024 13:31:59 

zino wrote:
Nobody is using stabi function?
Hi,
You should turn rescue on and start at being able to flip the heli upside down and back again, rescue will help, you put return to normal side and when you have practised to be able to flip it and keep it a few seconds … then you could use the stabi mode. But you won’t learn as much as on the sim.

The rescue normal has saved and helped me, I only used stabi in the beginning.

My 2 cents about my experience.

Enjoy

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2024 14:24:01 

Hi thanks for the advice’s
But i asked something else. I know that stabilization does not save the heli, but i wanted to know how to use stabi. acro. I have to flip the heli and after to turn on stabilization? Or i can turn on during normal flight?
Or to be more clear can i do roll and loop as long as stabi. acro is on? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2024 22:24:00 

zino wrote:
Hi thanks for the advice’s
But i asked something else. I know that stabilization does not save the heli, but i wanted to know how to use stabi. acro. I have to flip the heli and after to turn on stabilization? Or i can turn on during normal flight?
Or to be more clear can i do roll and loop as long as stabi. acro is on? Thanks

You may not get an answer unless one of the Spirit developers answers this question. As most, if not all, of us do not fly in a Stabilization Mode. With the exception of someone with a scale model. But they wouldn't be flying inverted.

That being said, I will take a guess at how it would work. I don't see how the system would allow you to flip the heli If Stabilization of any kind was active as this would defeat the purpose of that Mode.

Just reviewed the manual and now think I could be wrong with the above statement. I think with Stabilization Acro you should be able to flip the heli and fly as normal. But once the Cyclic is centered the System.would level the disk to which ever orientation is closest, upright or inverted. To me this sounds problematic.

I could be completely wrong here just trying to help.

If I were you I would just go fly. Get some significant height and give it a try to see that happens. Really you should be doing this with any setting or programming so you know how the heli will behave.

Personally I practice using the various Rescue modes just like I practice anything else. I have 3 programmed. This way I am not freaked out when the heli does a quick and dramatic change of orientation.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Mar 2024 8:45:18 

Mayme Tomas can answer? From spirit development unit? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon 04. Mar 2024 9:09:10 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is enough to read our manual at this page:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... tion_(Acro)

There you can see detailed description of how this function is working. All other fetures are also described in our manual.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Mar 2024 9:31:50 

I did my first ever inverted hover with the "aid" of a Sprit GT stabilisation, an unforgettable day!!. Get into a hover and switch it on, and yes you can flip it inverted with the stabilisation still engaged as stick priority will kick in.

But...... only after hours and hours of sim trainings to learn the orientations, back, front, left and right. Once I managed to hover inverted in one place then tried it out on a real helicopter. You must build up your muscle memory no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Mar 2024 10:59:10 

Thanks guys for the informations and especially Mr Thoma for his helpfull answer!!!