It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 22:32:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 28. Feb 2024 21:10:49 

I have spent the last week slowly installing my Spirit 2 and everything seems to be working just fine -all the servos move in the right direction etc. however when I get to the "Advanced " tab and click the check box to do the Geometry 6' (tuning) instead of moving the collective approximately to the 6' position the swashplate tilts over to the left quite hard. Servo 1 looks like it is probably about in the right position but servos 2 and 3 are holding the swashplate up quite high. I don't know what to do next.
Cheers Nigel.
Having spent some time reading through the manual etc. I have concluded that I have probably been plain stupid because my understanding now is that the swash plate is meant to cock-over - in the manual it says that pitch reading will be + on one blade and - on the other which would be consistent with with a tilted swash. Please let me know if I am still wrong or have iterpreted the manual correctly this time.

PostPosted: Mon 11. Mar 2024 19:02:03 

choppernigel wrote:
I have spent the last week slowly installing my Spirit 2 and everything seems to be working just fine -all the servos move in the right direction etc. however when I get to the "Advanced " tab and click the check box to do the Geometry 6' (tuning) instead of moving the collective approximately to the 6' position the swashplate tilts over to the left quite hard. Servo 1 looks like it is probably about in the right position but servos 2 and 3 are holding the swashplate up quite high. I don't know what to do next.
Cheers Nigel.
Having spent some time reading through the manual etc. I have concluded that I have probably been plain stupid because my understanding now is that the swash plate is meant to cock-over - in the manual it says that pitch reading will be + on one blade and - on the other which would be consistent with with a tilted swash. Please let me know if I am still wrong or have iterpreted the manual correctly this time.

Its correct as you say. Looking from behind. Your front servo wil tilt up, left front and rear stay in position. Your blade link should be at the highest point of swash, thats where you measure youre 6degree on THAT blade;)

At least how i did this

PostPosted: Mon 11. Mar 2024 19:58:24 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXWHO5RH74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmU9p-CYRMg