It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 22:36:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 30. Jan 2024 13:35:15 

Is there a way to activate bank switching with a 6channel RX ? Using a spectrum dx8 tx and 6210 rx . I think the answer is no , but wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something.
I figured out how to activate 1 rescue function using negative gyro gain .
Thanks!

Last edited by Driveline651 on Thu 01. Feb 2024 15:00:14, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bank switching
PostPosted: Wed 31. Jan 2024 10:31:12 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can enable Bank Switching. It is enough to unassign Gyro Gain channel (5) and use this channel for Bank Switching.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jan 2024 10:36:30 

Driveline651 wrote:
Is there a way to activate bank switching with a 6channel RX ? Using a spectrum dx8 tx and 6210 rx . I think the answer is no , but wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something.
I figured out how to activate 1 rescue function using negative gyro gain .
Thanks!

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Configuration
Rudder Gain – This parameter is enabled only in case of unassigned Gyro Gain channel. It replaces function of Gyro Gain from the transmitter, so you can directly set the value in the software.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jan 2024 14:33:45 

Ok , that’s great news . I will reassign the channel 5 . Which will put the gain control from controller to the software . Then I can use that channel to bank switch .
Thank you !

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jan 2024 18:55:19 

Unexpected results :
I set up bank switching on channel 5 , and followed the setup in the dx8 supplement to the spirit manual . The only difference is I changed using the d/r switch to the gear switch .
Now , when I change F mode , pos 1 bank0 pos2 bank0 pos3 bank 1 .
And gear switch to pos 2 =bank 2 .
I have bank 0 stabi disabled bank 1 = stabi Acro bank2 rescue automatic
What is happening is the collective is lowering several degrees during stabi or rescue activation.
I:E If I am hovering in bank 0 and switch to bank 1 or 2 the helicopter will drop and I need to add collective to get it to hover .
Checked the radio and it shows the pitch stays the same during activation .
Checked the diagnostic tab and it also shows no movement on the pitch during activation.
On the bench if I am in bank0 and put the pitch half way up , it will drop several degrees lower when bank 1 or2 is activated.
What am I missing?

It did not do this when I did not use bank switching, and just activated the rescue with negative gyro .

Thanks!

Last edited by Driveline651 on Thu 01. Feb 2024 0:32:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jan 2024 20:22:34 

Hello,
I don't understand why you are using bank switching, what is your intention to do with it? Rescue ? Stabi ?

"If I am hovering in bank 0 and switch to bank 1 or 2 the helicopter will drop and I need to add cyclic to get it to hover"
What you mean in hovering is not cyclic it is collective...
-->In my opinion your settings of the banks are not identical (colective pitch)

Is this your first FBL to configure ? You should know, what changing things effects -

PostPosted: Thu 01. Feb 2024 0:39:31 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
I don't understand why you are using bank switching, what is your intention to do with it? Rescue ? Stabi ?

"If I am hovering in bank 0 and switch to bank 1 or 2 the helicopter will drop and I need to add cyclic to get it to hover"
What you mean in hovering is not cyclic it is collective...
-->In my opinion your settings of the banks are not identical (colective pitch)

Is this your first FBL to configure ? You should know, what changing things effects -

I have edited my original post from cyclic to collective . I mistakingly used the incorrect term as I was in a hurry to get the post in .

Not much to understand as to why I would want bank switching. Simply put it allows you to use more than one special function while in flight , with limited channel tx/rx .

This is surely not my first FBL controller , have set up a dozen or so over the years many different makes . However this is only my 2nd spirit , and my first using a 6 channel rx .

With your knowledge, can you offer any help to resolve my issue?

PostPosted: Thu 01. Feb 2024 8:13:28 

the reason could be i.e. different pitch limits setup per bank or maybe you are using anti-gravity in one of the banks? or even some mix in your TX could be possible.

maybe you could share your Spirit settings file here - so one could take a look at it... will be easiest way to see what could happen.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Feb 2024 13:27:04 

HeliMLM wrote:
the reason could be i.e. different pitch limits setup per bank or maybe you are using anti-gravity in one of the banks? or even some mix in your TX could be possible.

maybe you could share your Spirit settings file here - so one could take a look at it... will be easiest way to see what could happen.

I will check to see if the pitch limits are different between banks , but I thought they would automatically mirror what was on the original setup / bank 0 . I will check and see .

I did double check that the other parameters such as anti gravity and mix in the tx or all off and they are .

I’m not sure how to share the setup file , but I can try and figure it out if needed .

Thanks !

PostPosted: Thu 01. Feb 2024 14:34:22 

Hello,
no they don't mirror automatically and that's your problem for sure...

Regards